Author Topic: A road hill climb sprint thats local to me. Some pictures of the mad machinery r  (Read 6551 times)

Offline demographic

The day at Barbon started out pretty manky so many of the bikes were kept under tents which made taking pics a bit harder than usual as there was more stuff in the way.

All done on a camera phone so the quality isn't great but its all I have so its what I use.
As usual there was some pretty funky gear there and some of them running on Methanol as well. The big sportbikes often seem to struggle on this course and its usually won by big two squeeks and supermotos.

Maico 685 (which wasn't competing but I loved it anyway).

Supercharged Suzuki TL100S

Honda VFR400, check out the length of the forks, surely that's not standard?

Offline demographic

DMR Honda CBR600.

Cagiva Mito 350 Yamaha.
The chassis is from a learner legal 125 cc two stroke and the engines a 350LC engine that's been shoehorned in there.

Eigenbau Weslake thing 566.

Offline demographic

Saphire Folen 998 and no it isn't missing its tank, that's all there is.

Jawa GP70 with Metrokit topend and spannie in a Honda RS125 chassis , this bike was tiny but so well put together.

Ducati Mk3 349

Nots its unconventional battery...

I didn't see this Husaberg Flat Tracker styled bike go up the hill but talking to the owner it was a standard frame and lowered forks with different seat unit and tank, it had 19 inch wheels. Surprising difference from usual. Note the combined airfilter/knacker pad. There's a normal one behind it to show the difference between the  Supermoto and Flat Tracker version.

Offline demographic

Bit big for a starter motor isn't it?

Another starter.

Montesa Capra 246

FRS 1127 trike, this thing has a GSXR1127 engine and front wheel drive, its evil and scrabbles for grip like a pitbull on a wooden floor.

Note the radiator behind the wheel and the way are is directed through it.

Ducati Sport Classic 992

Bike based around the Honda Transalp engine..

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 08:53:10 AM by demographic »

Offline 570mitch

Nice pics, that supercharged TL is coming to Cornwall next month, we have our local event near Bodmin on the 7th and 8th.

Good to see Dave Rowlandson out again on the V twin folan and was that Jason's three wheeler.

Shame the Maico wasn't running, what sort of power is that putting out?
2007 KX500AF (SM)
1999 VTR1000 Firestorm
1999 Yamaha Big Bear ATV
1937 Royal Enfield Bullet

Offline demographic

Nice pics, that supercharged TL is coming to Cornwall next month, we have our local event near Bodmin on the 7th and 8th.

Good to see Dave Rowlandson out again on the V twin folan and was that Jason's three wheeler.

Shame the Maico wasn't running, what sort of power is that putting out?

The owner of the Maico said he only had about half an hour on the bike so far but said it was "Bloody fast".

The claimed power for them that I read a while ago was 85 horsepower.