Author Topic: KX500AF reassembly  (Read 4112 times)

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
KX500AF reassembly
« on: June 26, 2010, 10:07:47 AM »
Click to view the video.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 10:09:55 AM by Danger4u2 »
KX 500 Rider

Offline crazyolbastard

Re: KX500AF reassembly
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 10:16:34 AM »
lookin good.
keep it up
Crazy Ol Bastard

Offline BDI

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 03:45:53 PM »
You know it looks like you put as much work into the vid as you have the bike. I can hardly bring myself to take a picture of what I'm doing. :| like the lift by the way. :wink: very cool.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 02:28:13 AM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 02:29:18 AM »
Yes to the video work, can you tell I'm bored?  The local city track is still closed because of the tornado damage.  I'm burned out with my track.  I know every pebble.  A friend of mine has a nice riding area but no one maintains it.  To many ticks and the poison ivy hangs into the track all over the place.  If I want any real riding it's a least an hour away.  The guy I ride with the most always has his kids because he's going through a divorce.  The kids are lucky to have him as their dad because his wife....("If you don't have something good to say just keep your mouth shut.")  And the Handy brand lift is a definite keeper, saves the knees.  Craigslist for $600.
Plus it's no fun to work on the bike in this heat.  I have it in the storage room of the office.  All steel, no insulation,  one window that does not open,  one sliding door that lets IN heat and no ceiling so it's totally exposed to the attic of the whole building. 
I asked if I could work on it in the front room and got a "NO".  I told the little woman I would put ply- wood down and got the "I said NO".  There's no gas in it, please? "Not NO but H*ll NO!"  Didn't have a helmet on so I gave up on that debate.
KX 500 Rider

Offline BDI

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 04:04:19 AM »
I love my handy lift  :-D Got mine for christmas from the wife years ago. I would say you could come by here and go ridding but my legs broke I live a thousand miles away and it's over 100 deg here now. Maybe next weekend  :| hows your leg doing danger? does it still hurt ? Any way I can relate to the whole bored thing.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline 570mitch

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 02:17:16 AM »
That's a hell of a women you have ther danger,

I need one of those lifts, I was down on my knees all weekend working on the bike.
2007 KX500AF (SM)
1999 VTR1000 Firestorm
1999 Yamaha Big Bear ATV
1937 Royal Enfield Bullet

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 02:20:48 AM »
Wish I could teach mine to rebuild itself....... :-D    As for working on the bike in the house, your technique needs a little adjustment Danger, you simply empty the tank, make sure she's clean and in you go.Asking permission is the first step towards being denied it....Besides, I bet its nice sleeping outdoors this time of the year....
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 01:35:46 PM by kwakman »
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....