Author Topic: RIP Danny 'Magoo' Chandler  (Read 2038 times)

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
RIP Danny 'Magoo' Chandler
« on: June 25, 2010, 11:32:53 AM »
I was truly saddened to learn of the passing of Danny Chandler.What this guy was capable of doing on a bike defied belief. The guy was full bore, and the sport was all the better for it.Anybody who could take it to Thorpey, Malherbe, and Geboers in the mid eighties is one of the fastest guys on the planet, period. And that is nothing when measured against the tenacity required to overcome being an athlete at the top, to the crushing hand fate dealt to him in paris.For me, some of Danny's spirit and attitude towards a sport he, and we, love,is what makes motocross and some of the guys we meet in it so special.
                                         REST IN PEACE, KEEP IT PINNED
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:46:27 AM by kwakman »
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline jonny500

Re: RIP Danny 'Magoo' Chandler
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 12:01:53 PM »
did not know much about danny chandler before reading your post (bit before my time).  so had a quick look around the web for some info. found a couple of vids. yeah see what you me pretty crazy. i think the old bikes are far better for the spectator and from what i see on these vids danny liked to put on a good show, you can almost see the modern day riding techniques being developed . take a look
 http://www.mxlarge.com/video/3695-r-i-p-danny-chandler-an-american-legend-passes
thanks for the post as i probably would never have seen these vids otherwise. rip
regards
john

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 12:05:05 PM »
I bought the Magoo dvd about 3 yrs ago, best ?16 i ever spent.Look it up...
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline jonny500

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 12:08:12 PM »
i will look out for it. if those 2 clips are anything to go by it shoud make good watching

Offline ThrottleJunky

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 03:18:28 PM »
He was always WFO.  Godspeed Magoo!
'There's more living in five minutes flat-out on a bike than some men have in an entire life'.