Author Topic: clutch adjustments  (Read 5818 times)

Offline The Flyin Hawaiian

Re: clutch adjustments
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 11:56:53 PM »
Compared to older KX250s, the clutch pull is harder with the 05 and up models. They changed the way the clutch is activated by moving the clutch arm inside the left magneto cover as opposed to on top of the cases. This, and possibly stiffer springs from the factory, has made the pull harder. You really cant compare a CR pull because they are 2 completly differant bikes. The CR may have a easier pull but not from just the clutch lever and perch alone.
A couple of 03 and 04 KXs, a few YZs, 3 PE 400s, a DR and a TS.

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 03:54:42 AM »
if you decide to go for a different brand of lever, you need to measure the centre to centre distance of your kx lever, from pivot bolt centre to cable hole centre.dont know measurement off the top of my head, but say its 50mm, your replacement lever should have a shorter measurement to make the pull easier, say 44mm.the bigger the difference, the less your plates will disengage at full lever, so dont go too far.hth.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline Narkotik666

• FreeTheOrange
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 08:26:56 PM »
thanks kwakman....i think i understand what you mean.....
I am an Art Director with serious ADHD and a spout of dyslexia....so, i see in pictures...and thats it...LOLOLOLOLOL...i could disarm n nuke if the instructions comes with pictures....but ask me to read the instructions of a toaster....NON COMPRENDE!
(i guess my parents werent good breeding stock, or i am just not y2k compliant)

but i think understand....

and it makes sense.....shorter....more pull...yeah.
will go do some window shopping this weekend....and maybe speak to some "experts" (yeah...right) at the shops.
2005 KX250 2T
2000 Husaberg FE650 (Exploded)