Author Topic: is this the same goat as on here  (Read 2947 times)

Offline jonny500

is this the same goat as on here
« on: June 16, 2010, 09:37:23 AM »
is this the guy (goat) that posts on here check this youtube  vid out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOB0hTAonwU

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
Re: is this the same goat as on here
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 04:08:50 PM »
That is me LOL! First hard crash since I got the bike. TheBasicMan that posted the video is LoveYouChunk on here as well. That was my 8th concussion :-P Always working on the next one. If you don't crash at least once you aren't riding hard enough.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline jonny500

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 06:08:06 PM »
thats a cool crash man, must admit i was laughing quite alot, hope it didnt hurt to much. my k5 did that sort of thing quite alot, i never fell of but came close a few times. you shut of the throttle a bit (when on soft sh#t) and front just digs in and it start to wobble. after a few of them i dicided the k5 1989 chassis was to much and now im look to do the 250 steel frame conversion. it was that reason that lead me this site. glad it did cos im lovin it on here. thank for your reply goat. i might just watch it 1 more time lol
best regards
john

Offline Goat

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 02:52:39 AM »
There are more videos on my youtube InsaneGoat666. No good crashes though. I was laughing when I got up off the ground. I've had a lot of high speed crashes but the usually involved lots of air and something either breaking or just not landing right. I'm keeping my k5 the way it was built but I am working on a 95 250 frame to drop another 500 into. I love this site more than any other site. Great people and great info.
Cheers
Goat
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:14:52 AM »
Lol, graceful bail. :lol: :lol: I know how the vids are too. It is alot harder to ride there than it looks. My trick for the sand is to hover over the seat way back further than normal, and never let off the gas all the way. It helps to gear up or ride a gear higher than comfortable. When things get sketchy, give it more gas. That usually will straighten you out. Wish I had vids of my wipeouts. Crashes make the best clips. Sand is way fun after a hard rain. It tends to hold up better and has lots of contour. Its hard on parts though. Definately softer landings. :-D :-D

Offline BDI

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 03:28:02 AM »
I have to admit I loughed when I saw that vid. I would have never guessed you got hurt though, the human body is such a fragile thing it really don't take a whole lot to screwe it up. The very first time I road in the sand many moons ago, I drug my rear fender twice  :-o once in first gear then again in second. I almost crapped myself, i had no idea that a paddle would hook up like that. That was on my 1990 k5, I have been hooked on sand ridding every sense.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:36:48 AM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 04:32:59 AM »
i had to laugh at that video clip, sorry goat i just couldn't help it. we have all been there and done that. that crash was almost identical to the one that broke my wrist 2 months ago. only difference is i got pile driven right into a dry creek bed "endo over the bars style". sand riding takes some getting used to. wheel speed is the key and don't expect to be able to turn at low speeds. front wheel just pushes at low speeds. i can't tell you how many times i have jumped downhill at the dunes and piled it up as soon as the front wheel touched the sand. am i right bdi? there is an art to sand riding. maybe a stablizer would have saved me all those times, i don't know.

Offline BDI

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 05:21:01 AM »
For sure maddog :wink: throttle is your friend in the sand. Sand is a lot like water the faster you go the easier it is to stay on top. I jumped a jump one time at nelis dunes in vegas, It was one of those jumps where you fall out of the sky. I going down faster then I was going forward. The bike stop instantly and I kept going. It was about a 50'er, It hurt.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline bigbellybob

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 09:48:43 AM »
I remember riding my 80 in the dunes back in the day. I see this sweet jump, pin it to win it and well it was the razor side, softer than fresh powder. Into the sand the front tire went and off the jump I went when I got back to the other side my bike was standing upright, front tire completely in sand up to the fender.

The other crazy thing about sand is landing jump. I can remember hitting this jump over and over landing in the same spot. Then like the sand turned into quick sand on one landing the bike just sank and over the bars I went. If you jump the same jump start going farther or start moving over because if not your building a hole that?s going to get you.
IF RIDING IS OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL RIDE

sponsor
http://www.steelmx.com/

Offline Goat

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 10:19:56 AM »
I crash a lot no matter the terrain. I'm always pushing my limits and usually the bikes limits as well but I haven't found the K5 limits lol. I rarely get hurt. Never broken any bones (riding anyway) Many bruises and sore neck a few times. Tore some muscles but nothing major. I crash and get back on and ride. Whether I should or not is a different story. I figure I came into this world screaming and covered in blood so I'm going out the same way lol.