Author Topic: Slowly getting there pt 3.  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Packman

Slowly getting there pt 3.
« on: June 16, 2010, 08:57:31 AM »

Right the swingarm is painted , ive spent 5 hours on this getting all the major dings welded up then filing them down and finishing on with fine paper then a friend pained it.

Then stripped the engine down only to be faced with a well battered casings and pourus bit here and there so i put up a post with the title Help  :-D  well it did not take long for Jonny500 to perk up and offer me some cases that he said were good. 8-).

Took a trip from work Davernty to Hinkley only to find a Aladins cave of KX godlyness  :-D we put the new cases next to my battered ones and bingo a deal was struck.

Got home and set to work with the WD40 , Cillit Bang power cleaner and alloy wheel cleaner only to find there in great shape , the next task is to put the cases in boiling water and use my Tusk bearing puller to get them out.

Then its off to the Aqua blaster to get them mintos  :-D  thanks again jonny500 you have saved the day i think so any of you need anythink for any kx 125-250-500 drop him a pm.

Offline jonny500

Re: Slowly getting there pt 3.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 09:19:07 AM »
thanks for your kind words. looking forward to seeing the end result from what i have seen so far i think it gona be somthing special. i forgot to ask you. if you come across any cheap bikes runners/non runners ect in your neck of the woods i would like to know as i am always in the market for them. good luck with the build and if theres any thing else i can help with you know where i am
thanks again
john