Author Topic: Anybody try Maier plastics?  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Ramski

Anybody try Maier plastics?
« on: March 27, 2004, 05:15:29 PM »
I want another set of white side panels and OEM and Maier are the only options. I've heard Maier makes some pretty cheap plastic, but I've never tried them myself.

I did find a set of Acerbis radiator shrouds at throttlehead on clearence for $38. 8)
Danny Lesovsky

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 04:21:54 AM »
I purchased Maier radiator shrouds and you have to drill the bolts and it was pretty sorry. I could not line the bolt holes up correctly. I still have them, pretty good quality, just hated the do-it-your-self bolt holes. My rant on them, aside from that, I don't see why not. UFO makes decent plastics, that is who I ordered my rear finder from.

Oh yeah, try: http://www.denniskirk.com

they have the best prices and they ship the SAME day if it is before 5pm est. But, they carry a load of Maier, UFO, & Acerbis, I believe they have all plastics for the big KX in UFO.

FastKX500

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 06:38:47 AM »
yea maier has good plastic..just the drill yourself holes suck...i dont understand why they just dont do it for you like UFO

mikesmith

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 07:56:29 AM »
Maier is "you get what you pay for"its kind of cheap.It used to come with a oarnge peel finish(but I guess they have a gloss finish now)and its not injection molded like UFO,Acerbis or stock so its not as strong.But the price is cheap and they carry colors and plastic for just about anything,I havent bought from them in a while so they may be better now.I want new white side panels and have found non other than stock or Maier eaither,so if you get some let us know what you think of the fit and finsh/quality.