Author Topic: Fly wheel weight - to be or not to be  (Read 1885 times)

Offline drewpers

Fly wheel weight - to be or not to be
« on: April 14, 2010, 03:43:11 AM »
I have been reading up on this for about 3 months and would like your opinion on the matter. Riding the 98 KX 250 without a fly wheel seemed great I did stall the engine a few times but, my clutch was real tight and my handle bars are still motocross width 32" wide, you tend to touch a few trees when they are that wide. I enjoyed the hit to pass people it made my life great racing to get around people in the woods when there was a small opening to take.

Offline ktmdude

Re: Fly wheel weight - to be or not to be
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 06:29:39 AM »
I put a 11oz in my 01, it is great imo. It allows me to ride a gear up and chug over more technical stuff. It did soften the hit a bit, but it is still is more snappy than my new 300xc. The xc is real strong and feels very unstoppable. It is rare that it stalls. The kx is fast as hell with the weight. I drag raced a 06 rm 250 on a fire road, it was close but green just pulls. He (the owner of the rm) rode my bike and said that his hit harder but my bike pulled and pulled. He thought it was much stronger off the bottom. I would recommend them for a woods bike.