Author Topic: How to get this bearing out  (Read 5733 times)

Offline BDI

Re: How to get this bearing out
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 04:43:50 PM »
my dad told me that one but he said to use a wooden dowle so not to damage anything. He says it works and if pops says it works :wink: it does. I have never found myself in a situation that I thought it would work, not to mention my ocd side has a fear of cleaning grease off the ceiling. You know for a long time I wouldn't eat ribs because of the barbeque sauce. Anyway That is an awsome trick I never thought of mentioning because I didn't think it would work in this case but some day some where some one will get to use it. Good call for sure  :|

P.S. maddog and I post are posts at the exact same time. I just thought that was way cool.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 04:50:47 PM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 04:47:07 PM »
bdi, you need to come up to my place and we'll have some beer and eat smoked ribs. no bbq sauce to be afraid of.

Offline BDI

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 04:56:16 PM »
I would love to  :-) man I could use a vacation. By the way My wife laughed at me enough I got over the sauce but I will have a stack of towles when I'm done. I love me some ribs, sweet baby rays MMMMMM
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 04:07:18 AM »
my dad told me that one but he said to use a wooden dowle so not to damage anything. He says it works and if pops says it works :wink: it does. I have never found myself in a situation that I thought it would work, not to mention my ocd side has a fear of cleaning grease off the ceiling. You know for a long time I wouldn't eat ribs because of the barbeque sauce. Anyway That is an awsome trick I never thought of mentioning because I didn't think it would work in this case but some day some where some one will get to use it. Good call for sure  :|

P.S. maddog and I post are posts at the exact same time. I just thought that was way cool.

It's funny you mention "wooden dowel" I remember back in trade school, learning to extract clutch pilot bushings on cars and trucks, by packing grease in the bushing, then finding a snug fitting dowel, then smacking the dowel wirth a hammer. The dowel forces extreme hydraulic pressure on the backside of the bushing forcing the bushing outwards. I't worked too.
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart