Author Topic: man down  (Read 3222 times)

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
man down
« on: June 01, 2010, 04:55:14 AM »
hi, you dont know me but I am 'kwakmans' brother.at his request I would like to inform you that kwakman has been involved in a bad car accident and has been hospitalised for the last 7 or so weeks, intensive care for the first 6 of those. I tried to notify you as a guest but couldnt start a new topic as im not a member, so john gave me his password. He is currently stable, but very sore.However, he is in good spirits and dying to get home and fiddle with the 'beast'. he also asked me to leave a message to a guy on here called stewart, whom john was in the process of buying some engine parts from, and to tell him he will be in touch as soon as he is released from hospital. Thanks, Jamie.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
Re: man down
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 05:03:36 AM »
OH, HOLY CRAP! sorry to hear about the injury. i'll be praying for kwakman for sure. get well soon. sure seems to be alot of injured guys here lately, i hope it's not a trend.

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 07:02:39 AM »
Jamie,
sorry to hear about your brother.  My brother was instrumental in my healing process.  Just having him say "You'll be alright, just hang in there" did wonders for me.  He is probably going through a state of depression.  At the time I didn't know it but I was in a state of depression.  Family helped me get over it.  When I was injured all I had was time on my hands.  Couldn't walk, all I could do was lay there and think about things.  I didn't eat like I should have because it was such a problem to go to the bathroom.  Do all you can to keep his sprits up,  best wishes on his recovery.
Danger4u2

P.S.
I think I started the "trend" back in Dec. of 2004 with my ruptured patella tendon.
KX 500 Rider

Offline ThrottleJunky

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 08:04:05 AM »
Get well soon, kwakman!
'There's more living in five minutes flat-out on a bike than some men have in an entire life'.

Offline blueoval

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 08:08:41 AM »
Tell kwakman he and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.  In times like these good friends and family are needed.  Please keep us posted on his progress.  ted
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is JUST RIGHT!  B.O.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 09:30:11 AM »
Sorry to hear about the accident.
 I'll put in a good word for John for a complete and speedy recovery.   Thanks for stopping by and letting us know about his condition.
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline crazyolbastard

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 11:39:12 AM »
Get well soon.
Your bike misses you already.
Crazy Ol Bastard

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 10:54:32 AM »
Hey kwakman,  you are in my thoughts and prayers, get better soon.  John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 01:58:19 PM »
Thanks for posting this. This thread will be kinda like a get well soon card when he gets home to read it. Hope all goes well and heals nicely. Keep him laughing it helps a lot.

Cheers
Goat
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 09:08:17 PM »
jamie here, thanks for all your support guys, ive passed some of your messages to him and it did the trick.Doctor said last nite that he should be clear to go home in about 3 weeks, as long as the break in his femur gives no more cause for concern.They nearly pinned his leg, and I think secretly John wanted the 'full mick doohan treatment' as he put it, but in the end it wasnt necessary. Once more, thanks for your support and you can rest assured he has sufficient motorcycle literature to re-forest half the amazon, an active mind not getting bored and all that. Will update in a week or so, thanks, Jamie K
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline BDI

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 04:42:12 AM »
Wow That really makes my stupid accident seem insignificant. I am lucky enough to have a 12 year old with a nice lap top. So I have been using it to get my KX fix. That sucks he has to wait to fiddle with the beast  :| I guess you don't get much privacy in the hospital, that coupled with no internet would make fiddling with the beast a daunting task. I have been stuck in bed for two weeks and it sucks. Hope you get to go home soon and hope you feel better soon.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!