Author Topic: Aftermarket brake pedals... do they exist?  (Read 2090 times)

Offline snoopjonnyjon

Aftermarket brake pedals... do they exist?
« on: May 26, 2010, 07:37:00 AM »
I am just wondering if anyone manufactures an aftermarket brake pedal for the KX500. The pedal on my KX is actually fine, but I need a new one for my GASGAS. I discovered from GASGAS, they are around $150... I looked at my KX and thought "that sure looks similar"... took it off and it fit perfectly on the GASGAS. So, check out OEM Kawasaki, and it's about half the cost of the GASGAS part. Any chance there is any aftermarket options? It seems there are tons of options for shift levers, brake levers, and every other breakable control, but haven't found anything for rear brake pedal.

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
Re: Aftermarket brake pedals... do they exist?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 08:50:23 AM »
Found stock ones at Motosport Outlet for like 50 bucks. Cheapest that I found online anywhere.

Offline bigbellybob

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 09:17:22 AM »
be careful will the GG parts cost way more than they should and most r not stocked in the US so you could wait a long time to get parts for it. very nice bike though. sory i dont have any info on the pedal. i have never seen an aftermarket one for the older KX's
IF RIDING IS OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL RIDE

sponsor
http://www.steelmx.com/

Offline snoopjonnyjon

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 10:03:07 AM »
I am actually finding the Gasgas uses a lot of parts that will fit from other manufacturers. The rear brake pedal, and caliper is shared with the KX500, the kick lever from a yz250 fits, and in the engine, camshafts from a DRZ400 are identical. I have still been a little scared off by the parts situation though. I've decided the bike is pretty much just going to be an occasional use bike, that I let my dad ride when he comes with me. It's mint now, and if I keep it good, it won't need much fixing. When I feel like riding in anger... kx500 is the weapon of choice.

I will just buy a new oem KX500 pedal for the gasgas.

Offline bigbellybob

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 10:28:47 AM »
some KTM stuff probly swaps over too. i hear they r getting better about parts as more dealers come on bord and the name gets biger in the US. IMO their still an exotic bike. their just not there yet but KTM was the same way not to long ago. i think the fact that the ero / exotic bikes r still avalible as 2t's will grow the compaies here in the us. gas gas r great bike heck i would probly take a new GG300 over a new KTM300 if i could take my pick right now.

sponsor
http://www.steelmx.com/

Offline snoopjonnyjon

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 10:40:19 AM »
Yeah, they are a very nice bike to ride. The Ohlins suspenders is super plush offroad, and the rest of the components are top notch too. Once nice advantage their 300 2-stroke over KTM has is a 6 speed wide ratio gearbox... but I hear that is changing next year. KTM is coming out with an electric start, 6-sp 300cc. In the riding I do, a 6-speed is really nice. When I was out riding with a friend on a yz450f that is 5x the rider I am, the only way I could keep up with him is because I had a 20mph faster top speed on the logging roads. :lol: I could build a huge lead on the long straights, and then he could catch up in the tight stuff... only to be left behind again when we found a straight.