Author Topic: Stolen '93 kx 500  (Read 2397 times)

Offline kawboy

Stolen '93 kx 500
« on: May 23, 2010, 02:54:56 PM »
I figured it would'nt hurt to show a pic of my stolen 500. It has many parts that make it identifiable to me. One is the "Danny Hamel Thrashed"  SPES pipe.I miss her real bad, if anyone has seen or has any info I would be greatful.Reward waiting.
American by birth,Southern by the grace of God!

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
Re: Stolen '93 kx 500
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 02:59:11 PM »
Where r u kawboy?  Bike thieves are the absolute lowest thing on the earth. Hope you get it back...

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 03:04:12 PM »
That really sucks man. Location would help. I'll keep an eye on ebay.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline kawboy

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 03:08:48 PM »
Sorry guy's, I guess an area would help. Ala-freakin'-bama.  ROLL TIDE
American by birth,Southern by the grace of God!

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 03:12:59 PM »
check craigslist frequently. They may have taken it to either get some cash or just to have the bike. It's hard to say. I've had many bikes/atvs stolen so I know how you feel. If you have the vin wrote down I would report it stolen. If they get caught riding it and the officer runs the vin you'll get it back. Hope it comes back in one piece.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 04:24:28 PM »
I had a KX420 stolen in 1983. I remember the sick feeling for months,,,I even had a ride planned and my friend showed up I was looking, calling, but no bike. There is a place in Hell for motorcycle thieves. In fact I received this email story just today.

One day in the future, ?the guy who stole your K5? has a heart attack and dies.
He immediately goes to hell, where the devil is waiting for him.
 'I don't know what to do here,' says the devil.  'You are on my list, but I have no room for you. You definitely have to stay here, so I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I've got a few folks here who weren't quite as bad as you. I'll let one of them go, but you have to take their place.
I'll even let YOU decide who leaves.'

?The guy who stole your K5? thought that sounded pretty good, so the devil opened the door to the first room.
In it was Ted Kennedy and a large pool of water. Ted kept diving in, and surfacing, empty handed. Over and over he dove in and surfaced with nothing. Such was his fate in hell.
'No,' ?the guy who stole your K5 said?. 'I don't think so. I'm not a good swimmer, and I don't think I could do that all day long.'
The devil led him to the door of the next room.
In it was George W. Bush with a sledgehammer and a room full of rocks.   All he did was swing that hammer, time after time. 'No, this is no good. I've got this problem with my shoulder I would be in constant agony if all I could do was break rocks all day,' commented ?the guy who stole your K5?.
The devil opened a third door.
Through it, the guy who stole your K5 saw Bill Clinton, lying on the bed, his arms tied over his head, and his legs restrained in a spread-eagle pose. Bent over him was Monica Lewinsky, doing what she does best. ?The guy who stole your K5? looked at this in shocked disbelief, and finally said,  ?Yeah man,  I can handle this.'
The devil smiled and said. .. .

(This is priceless)

"Ok Monica, you're free to go..."
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline mustangfury

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 09:06:50 AM »
definitely report the vin. There are some riding places that make you register your bike and put down the vin number.  I ride in a state park ($15 for a year's permit).  They take my drivers license and the vin # off my bike when i register it. They sometimes will forward that info to the police to check for stolen bikes.

Hope you get it back.  My friend had an ATV stolen from one of those storage places.  A friend of his saw the guy riding it down the main highway but he never got the bike back, even though they eventually caught the guy who did it.  he apparently sent it to New York then sold it or something weird.  It stinks.  bike thieves are realy low.
1993 KX 125