Author Topic: Trials Tires? How do you keep them for flatting out?  (Read 1601 times)

Offline dirtjunkie85

Trials Tires? How do you keep them for flatting out?
« on: May 18, 2010, 09:25:07 AM »
Hey guys, we've recently tried running trials tires on our bikes with bad results. we went down to Moab and Greenriver UT for the weekend and me and my dad flated out the trials tires on both our bikes on the first day. one bike had a tubliss system and the other was just a straight up tubed tire. we were running the pirelli trials tire because we heard they had a stiffer side wall. we both race dessert here in Utah and we loved the traction of the trials tire and would like to use them in a race if we can keep them from going flat. what are some methods you guys have used. i thought of bib mouses but I've never used them.

Offline The Flyin Hawaiian

Re: Trials Tires? How do you keep them for flatting out?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 09:34:33 AM »
I have one that Im going to try Memorial day weekend. Im going to put a heavy duty tube in mine but am not sure what pressure to run. What pressure were you running them at? It will be fairly rocky where Im going in WV.
A couple of 03 and 04 KXs, a few YZs, 3 PE 400s, a DR and a TS.

Offline ktmdude

Re: Trials Tires? How do you keep them for flatting out?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 07:56:19 AM »
Both my girlfriend and I have dunlop 803 tt on our bikes (me, 09 ktm 300xc) (her, 07 ktm 250xcf-w with a 320 big bore kit) We run between 10 and 13 psi, she likes it harder. (hehe) We both did the Virgina city grand prix, a very rocky desert race. The tires did wonderfully. I don't know why you both went flat. You do need to change your riding stile a bit with tt, less slippin more grippen. I have wondered about bigger bikes like the k5, and how they would with a tt and all that instant power. (wheel spin)  I am thinking that you may have spun them off the beed. The 803 lasts me the some as a knobby, but works better. I was planning on ordering the mt 43, I hope I don't have the same luck that you guys had. We both love the tt and I doubt we will go back to knobs.
P.s She got 1st in the woman's class and 20th over all. I got 6th in open nervis, 44th over all. She beat me by 15 min. She rocks. Thare was 501 racers this year.