Author Topic: Spokes that fit without drilling?  (Read 4131 times)

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
Re: Spokes that fit without drilling?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 04:57:10 PM »
that particular stand is also used to balance wheels, albeit a static balance that would still be better than no balance, i'm refering to street bike tires, dirt tires are a different animal. my stand is made of square tubing shaped like triangles about a foot apart and at the top of the triangle are acme threaded collars and shafts to go into the wheel bearings, a very simple machine that could be duplicated. Its worked for years for me.

Can you post a pic of your stand. Might be a small project for me to build. I plan on lacing up a few sets of wheels in the near future.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline BDI

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 05:07:50 PM »
I sure wish someone could tell me more about this stand. I need a couple parts for it I think I will just have to make them.

http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,4981.0.html
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline Rd

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 11:03:15 AM »
The guy at RMATV said they had some kinda clip on the shaft to prevent side to side movement on the Tusk brand trueing stand. I order one today and will post pictures when it arrives.

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 04:15:54 AM »
rd, you are going to need a dial indicator set up with a magnetic base to  properly true the wheels. or you could fab some sort of mounting tab that can be welded or clamped on the stand to hold the dial indicator in the proper location. you probably already knew that, but i thought i would put it out there.

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 05:00:57 AM »
I sure wish someone could tell me more about this stand. I need a couple parts for it I think I will just have to make them.

http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,4981.0.html
BDI, i found a post online that a guy bought the same exact stand from these guys back in the 70's. Rocky Cycle Co., Sunnyvale, CA. maybe you could get ahold of them and see if they can help you out. i think this company is known now as tucker rocky but i'm not absolutely sure.

Offline Rd

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 03:35:24 PM »
rd, you are going to need a dial indicator set up with a magnetic base to  properly true the wheels. or you could fab some sort of mounting tab that can be welded or clamped on the stand to hold the dial indicator in the proper location. you probably already knew that, but i thought i would put it out there.

Maddogy I agree 100% got a couple of mag bases. One with the stick and one flexy.
Later Roger