Author Topic: micro blue bearings.  (Read 2023 times)

Offline wierdo

micro blue bearings.
« on: May 22, 2010, 04:03:21 PM »
Has anyone had any dealings with MicroBlue Racing? They sell ceramic and steel bearings that have had thier treatment giving longer life and reduced friction. You can send them your new oem bearings and they will  give them the micro blue treatment. They also sell bearing kits for motorcross bikes. I've sent them an email enquiring about bearings for the KX500, but haven't heard back from them yet.
 Has anyone used these? or heard of someone who has? what was the verdict?

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
Re: micro blue bearings.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 04:33:24 PM »
i can't imagine what they would put on an existing bearing that would actually reduce the friction. i do know that timken makes specialty wheel bearings just for nascar that when spun they seem like they will never stop rolling. they claim a value of like 4 hp savings or something like that. not sure what material their making them from cause of course they are top secret. a set of those wheelbearings are around $20,000.00 oh yah you read it right 20k. at my work they decided a couple years ago to try a fuel treatment that was supposed to save our company millions over time. the stuff was supposed to change the cylinder liner metal structure to decrease the friction. well long story short, 2 -3516 cat engines junked out and probably 150,000.00 worth of trashed fuel injectors later they scrapped the program. miracle products like these guys are pushing seldom work. just my opinion.

Offline wierdo

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 05:06:16 PM »
Howzitgoin maddoggy, I know what your saying , seems every year there's a new gimmick coming out, time will tell the tru story. If i could afford Timken bearings I would use them, they are excellent bearings, I worked on diesels years ago and would recomend Timken to anyone. I might relook at timkens again I want to do all the engine bearings on the K5 sometime soon. They might be cheaper than these micro blue's bearings and better than oem. Thanks for the idea.
Cheers......Wierdo......     

Offline cbxracer30

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 01:39:56 PM »
You may want to think about just having your engine parts cryogenicly treated. I've had most of my engine parts treated and I feel that it has made my parts last 2 to 3 times longer than they normally would. They claim it aligns the molecules in the metal and makes it stronger , smoother, harder. Also they claim nascar teams treat everythings from the motors to the brake rotors now.CBX
Yep, you can ride it - if YOU can start it !!