Author Topic: Newbie from South Africa  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Japie

Newbie from South Africa
« on: May 10, 2010, 01:21:20 AM »
Hi there everyone!

I am from Pretoria, South Africa. I bought my son an '88 KX60 a few months ago. I got it for a fair price, but have had to spend some money getting it running again. Through al the frustrations, i've come to love the little (big) bike....to the point that i am sure i will never get of it!

Also i have a mate with an '04 250...and it looks like he might need some help.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: Newbie from South Africa
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 04:32:48 AM »
 Welcome Japie,
 I have the same type of outlook on the bikes, I can have lot's of fun on a kx60, it just happens alot slower than on my KX5 hunnert :-D
  Enjoy!
Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline Japie

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 05:40:36 AM »
Thank you for your warm welcome Friar-Tuck! ....my apologies ....some words missing and not enough information in my introduction.

Just to set the record straight...the KX60 is my son's. He's now about 9, and absolutely loves it. And there's me, the KX60 mechanic, the refueler, the cleaner, the transporter, etc. What i meant to say was that i am sure that i will never get rid of it....

I have a '09 250 2 stroke, but it is the blue brand. Kawasaki in South Africa, for some reason, does not seem to have the same suppot as some of the other brands. It's a pity, because i kinda like the green. Anyway, my mates got one, and he just loves it! And, infact, we have decided to take it a bit more serious, and will be doing some regional off road races. 

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 12:05:11 PM »
Japie,
 I kinda figured you were the "support crew", however It's still fun to blast around on one of the little bikes.
   Yamaha still imports the YZ 250 here also.  Trust me I would not turn down an offer to take one of the Yamaha's.
Tuck\o/

"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline blueoval

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 12:52:27 PM »
The YZ 250 is and has been for a long time a fine machine!
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is JUST RIGHT!  B.O.