Author Topic: eline stator help  (Read 2787 times)

Offline slow600

eline stator help
« on: May 08, 2010, 08:30:17 AM »
need some help from anyone who is familiar with the eline stators. there are three wires coming out, 2 yellow and one red. i originally was told the yellows were separate 100w powers and the red was a ground. well after making a harness from scratch and failing, i am starting to doubt this. can anyone tell me for sure which wires are what. i have searched and searched for info on the net with dismal results. thanks

Offline Speedway73

Re: eline stator help
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 10:35:08 AM »
Found this on the 'net. Supposedly came from a tech @ Baja Designs.

http://www.bajadesigns.com/2005%20Web%20Site/PDF%20Files/BATREG3.pdf

Offline BDI

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 12:51:20 PM »
If I remember right you can run two lights, one on each yellow wire at 100w or you can run both yellow wires to one light at 200w.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline ZETTNORCAL

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 01:51:06 PM »
I also have an E-line on my Honda 500AF and can not for the life of me make it power up a light. I have also searched for countless hours trying to figure it out. I get around 18-26 volts AC at idle, from either of the yellow wires. I was told to just tape off one of the yellows. I was also told that the red was a floating ground?  I just don't know?  I have tried every combination of hook up. With several different regulators.........No light..... not even a flicker?

Offline The Flyin Hawaiian

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 03:18:24 PM »
Try calling E Line.
A couple of 03 and 04 KXs, a few YZs, 3 PE 400s, a DR and a TS.

Offline slow600

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 05:06:28 PM »
i got the exact same instructions with my trailtech regulator/rectifier, i am not running a battery however. i get the best light output with one yellow and the red hooked to the regulator, and the other yellow hooked to ground. with both yellow's hooked to power and the red grounded, the lights work but flicker or pulse while running. i just want to be sure this is correct/safe before i keep it this way. i have not tried calling eline, but i have left several emails to them as well a ricky stator with no replies.