Author Topic: Need new pipe-want more RPM  (Read 5322 times)

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
Re: Need new pipe-want more RPM
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 01:45:05 PM »
PC platinum pipe is the same as the works pipe and wont look so ugly as fast. From what I have found it's the same price from the shop. You can find used ones on ebay for a good price, even the new ones aren't bad.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
Re: Need new pipe-want more RPM
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 01:45:25 PM »
Today the weather was perfect for some hard high speed butt dyno testing.  I am pleased that my changes did allow me more upper RPM power and the loss of bottom end torque was minimal.
  I changed from a Gnarley Woods pipe to a Gnarly Desert pipe, that allows me to put the kickstarter back to original position, much easier to kick now.
 I removed the Reed spacer and stock reeds and changed to V-force Three, no spacer.
  After two hours of high speed, full throttle type riding the plug says to go one step leaner. 
  Present settings are Klotx R 50 at 40 to one, BR7ES plug, 760 feet above sea level , 65 degrees F. Air Screw 1.5 turns out, pilot jet 45 drilled to 46.5 needle 82m, 168 main jet and clip in top groove of needle.
  My next change will be to put the clip back in center groove and install the 165 main jet.
 I am pretty sure those changes will get everything almost perfect.
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.