Author Topic: Orange and Green  (Read 2645 times)

Offline ktmdude

Orange and Green
« on: April 23, 2010, 08:00:13 PM »
Hi all, I am excited to join this forum, to learn more and share what I know about my Mean Green. Lets start with me, I am 30 years young. I live in concord ca. with my dirt biking girlfriend. I bought my first bike for my 27th b-day. Shortly before a friend took me to the beach near fort bragg ca. and put me on his cr 500. I was (am) HOOKED!
The first bike a 07 wr250f. Great learner.
The next and dearest to me is my 01 kx250. (GREEN STICKER) YEAH! I scored it from my buddys dad for 600 bucks! I put another 900 in her. People can't beleve it an 01. I love 2ts! Hope I don"t ever get another 4t.
Then I got a 01 Ktm duke 2 640 sm. (I know its 4t, but it has a plate so it dosen't count) plus its green (1 of 200 in the us)
My latest is a 09 Ktm 300xc. It sees the most dirt theses days, its just so nice to ride.
Im fairly handy with a wrinch, but love to learn more about my 2 weeled monsters.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: Orange and Green
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 06:45:44 PM »
  Welcome Katoom-a-Saki,
 :-D
  KTM Dude,   
Glad to have you with us   ...The majority of members  have more than one flavor of bike and have shown no Malice to getting some pretty off the wall questions answered .   It seems the 500 threads have the most posts, however 90% of those Q & A's can be applied to most any bike. 
    I for one would dig having a 300xcw "in the shed" with the rest of our stuff 8-).  The guys here have helped me out a whole bunch and many others who have passed some gas through an exhaust pipe.. 
       .......Ya know..that just doesn't sound  :?....
    ANY-way, Enjoy your stay.
  Tuck\o/   
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline ktmdude

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 04:26:58 PM »
Thanks all. Glad to meet all of you. I just finnished my first race. It was the Virginia City Grand Prix. If you are not familiar with the race look on youtube.com.   I placed 6th in the Open Novice class.  And my girlfriend placed 1st in the womens class.  There were 27 in her class and at least 50 in my class.   There were a total of 501 entries, she placed 20th Overall, I am unsure what place I got yet.  Results not yet posted.  The 300 was awesome!  With the trials tire it was a mean machine.  On a sad note my uncle siezed his 91 kx500.  More later when I get the offcial results.   

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 07:59:25 AM »
Hey man that's great race results!
  I surely don't have the wherewithal to even attempt anything like that anymore.  It's also good news to hear your Girlfriend rides with you, Now that's what I call spending some Quality time together!
   Let us know if you need any info getting your uncle back on the trails.  There are some excellent engine / fab guys who hang out here regularly.
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline ktmdude

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 05:34:37 AM »
Thanks Tuck.
I am pretty stoked about the outcome. I ended up 44th over all, out of 501. I started # 40, so I didn't loose much ground. The race was VERY rocky and ruff. It was just over 70mi. I did it in 3hrs and 49min with two pit stops. The crew was great with gas, water, food, clean goggles, and they helped shake out the cramps. Thanks guys, your the BEST! I love the fact that me and my girl share these great times, and that she can kick my #$%! She finished top of her class, and did the race in 3hrs and 34min.
I'm not sure what were gona do about or whats wrong the 500. But I'm sure we will be using this site as a great tool to help bring her back to life.
Before my uncle broke the bike he was able to get around the corse once with a fast time that put him under the 200th finisher.

Offline runabout

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 10:25:50 AM »
Hardy welcome
Nice finish in the race... you are right the support staff/pit crew are crucial
Regards R-about