Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 2102 times)

Offline JanBros

Hi all
« on: April 16, 2010, 10:22:04 AM »
I'm new on the forum since yesterday,  found this forum when I was looking for information on the internet for putting a decompression valve on my KX500 engine.

I'm building a trackbike : a Kawasaki KR-1S with a KX500 engine. I'm a big 2-stroke fan, and since one can't buy a decent fast stroker any more (that is affordable), I decided to built my own  8-)
Putted the engine back together this week and wanted to start it for the first time, but just couldn't (first time in my live I have a 500 2-stroke) cranck it  :oops: :oops: :oops: . and after about 30 attempts, my home-made kick-shaft snapped (home-made because the frame is wider than the engine so I needed a longer shaft).

anyway : found everything I needed to know on here, set to work today, and later this evening, it was already on the bike. So tnx to all you for the information. Just need to make a new shaft, and normaly I should be able to start it then  :-D

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
 Welcome Jan,
Sounds like a cool bike.  How about some pics when you get a chance?
   Hope we can help, there is a lot of info here as well as some very experienced engine and fabricators.
 Glad you found us.
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline JanBros

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 09:31:21 PM »
Sounds like a cool bike.

should be indeed  :-D

How about some pics when you get a chance?

I need to have 10 posts before I can ? anyway : here is a topic where you can follow the building off : http://www.kr-1s.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=375  :wink:

Hope we can help, there is a lot of info here as well as some very experienced engine and fabricators.

gonna run standard engine this year so I will have a better idea of what I want to do with the engine. And then next year have it tuned. There are 2 tuners in Belgium that know how to make a fast 500, they get about 75-80BHP on the rear wheel . I want it to be fast enough to kick SS600's asses  :evil:

Glad you found us.

me too  :-D
  Tuck\o/

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 01:30:48 PM »
 Hey Jan,
  You've done a great job fitting the bike together!
I apologize for maybe not getting as much traffic here yet.  Most guys forget what its like to sign up and not get much attention.  I think the Admin have a post thing for the pics to keep down on spamming and such. Please don't be discouraged.   
   Keeping the engine stock before building for big HP is a good Idea (I think) as I'm sure you know the tighter you wind things up the more maintenance goes up.  Another reason is you'll have alot better Idea where you may need to move the power band to.   
   http://www.twostrokeshop.com/Aprilia_RS500_2008.htm
  http://www.twostrokeshop.com/TSS1100GP.htm

Maybe there are some Ideas here you can use, Keep up the good work!
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline runabout

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 04:37:46 AM »
Welcome Jan the Man
play with the gearing there is a lot of fun to be had with sprockets!
Regards