Author Topic: Getting the jet needle out of the throttle valve?  (Read 26836 times)

Offline mustangfury

Re: Getting the jet needle out of the throttle valve?
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2010, 12:09:56 PM »
I think i may have gotten it.  I got some area i could ride a little more aggressively and i did some testing.  The best results were with 155 main, 52 pilot, 3rd clip position, and the air screw 3.0 turns out.  I Attached pictures of the plug from the plug chop. The third picture is the best. Open the file in windows picture viewer or something and zoom in to get a good view.
1993 KX 125

Offline mustangfury

« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2010, 12:14:20 PM »
Here are the pictures of the plug after I rode around at my fairly usual style.

The bike performed wonderfully. In first or second gear if i got it at about 1/4 throttle and nailed it the bike would wheelie big time, regardless of how far forward i sat on the tank.

I also noticed the throttle slide has a slight glazed look to the bottom edges from wear. Is that a problem? I have pictures if it could be.

The oil is still spitting, but that of course is very likely just a result of the previous settings. The silencer i am sure is soaked again and the fatty pipe is probably loaded as well. You can see the threads on the plug are still a little wet in the picture, but the threads are wet all the way up in the cylinder so it could be leftovers.

Let me know what you think about all of this.

thanks tuck, i couldn't have gotten this far without your help.  I think i'm almost there!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 12:20:33 PM by mustangfury »
1993 KX 125

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2010, 10:53:25 AM »
 Hey Stang,
 What a difference from the first piccy's .  I hope you feel this has been worth your time & money.
  I think that looks great, the temps of summer will richen up your settings a tad, but that won't hurt.
   I'm thinking you will be able to turn in the A.S. as temps warm up and keep you running in a "Happy Place"
Please remember that when temps start dropping in the fall you'll have to richen up.   
   Depending on how much time you want to spend, you could simply put in a larger main through the carb bowl.
Or go through the Whole Mary-Ann until you put the bike up for winter.
  If you have been able to keep a tuning journal, a quick flip through your notebook will get you right close next time you have to tune.
  Great Job!
Hopefully you have been able to inspire some other guys to get their bikes dialed in a little closer and find some extra smiles per mile!
   Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline mustangfury

« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2010, 11:51:07 AM »
I actually just convinced my buddy to buy a 2000 kx125.  he knows nothing about dirt bikes but has some tractor and lawnmower experience. The bike was literally just about completely disassembled.  He paid $350 for it.  everything is pretty much there. Just a few screws missing.  I have been helping him with getting it going. it's going real well.  By the looks of his exhaust pipe, it looks like he will be challenged with the same problem I just got through.  I'll definitely be passing the knowledge on.

thanks again for the help,

Stang
1993 KX 125