Author Topic: New to KXRiders arriving with Project KX500  (Read 1552 times)

Offline kwilson

New to KXRiders arriving with Project KX500
« on: April 09, 2010, 07:33:38 AM »
Hello to everyone here.  I am in Georgia USA and have just picked up an early 90's KX500 in good condition with the exception of a locked motor = though I should get in here with a look around.  I intend to take the bike completely apart for full restoration back to it's formal beautiful self and keep it as a second bike.

I am familiar with bike restoration and work etc doing 90% of the work myself so can let people know how it is going on the restoration, and hopefully learn a few tricks along the way.

I am a technical woods rider using a 1998 Gas Gas EC250 race bike as my main unit and other than a little weight it is the perfect riding partner.

Cheers.

Kirk

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: New to KXRiders arriving with Project KX500
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 03:54:43 PM »
 Welcome Kirk,
 I swear you're the third guy from Georgia to show up this week, and the second guy to be riding a Gasser.
   Snoop Johnny Jon is up in alberta and got himself a 450. I'm still waiting on his ride report!
   There is lot's of info to look through and usually someone around to get some help if need be.
Please jump in if you've got a few moments to surf,or share some of those restoration tips. The older these things get the more restoration needs done instead of just freshening up.
  Glad to have you with us.
  Tuck\o/ 
"The Truth Has No Agenda"