Author Topic: Hello from Central CA  (Read 1879 times)

Offline KenV

Hello from Central CA
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:08:47 PM »
Hey all.

I just joined up after seeing the opening page and saving it as my work desktop  8-)

Rides: 1995 KDX200, which my wife rides, and a 2001 KX250 which flattens my eyeballs when pinned.  The KX was my first dirtbike, second one I have ever ridden.  What a blast.

My first real ride (i.e., not the RR track areas near my house) was at Dove Springs.  I learned that the KX deals with the thin air far better than I do at this point, provided I don't snap the clutch lever at the beginning of teh ride...can't wait to go again nonetheless.

Anyway, off to cruise the site.  Neat place!

K

Offline blueoval

Re: Hello from Central CA
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »
KenV, welcome.  I also have a kdx200.  I also live in Central California.  Been some super riding lately....what do I mean lately....ALL YEAR LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Poor cold weather folks.  This is a really great site!   B.O.
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is JUST RIGHT!  B.O.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 06:29:53 PM »
  Welcome Ken,
Glad you found the forum.  It's nice to see a husband/wife out tearing it up together.
 You know what they say, "A couple that rides together, Rides together".. :| well something like that...
     Plenty here to look through, and your wife doesn't have to worry what you're looking at :-D
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline KenV

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 04:06:08 PM »
Thanks much.  This area really is an all-year affair for hitting the dirt.  It's so much fun I don't mind the cleanup, the premixing, etc.

...actually, I'd rather premix all the time than spend who-knows-how-much on a 4T head rebuild.  I grabbed both bikes for under $3K total, for goodness sake...lovin' that!