Author Topic: Lovin the KX 5Hundy!  (Read 1930 times)

Offline frack939

Lovin the KX 5Hundy!
« on: April 02, 2010, 03:16:03 PM »
Hi there,  My name's Dan from Spokane, WA.  Just recently purchased a 2004 KX500 from a buddy of mine to ride while my other bike was in the shop (2006 KTM 525sx), I love this thing!!  What a fun bike, tons of climb anything you point it at power.  My only complaint so far is that it owns me anytime I try to go hard for any length of time.  Did a Hare Scramble a couple weeks ago on it (in stock form, with original tires)  ended up 10th outta 20 in 250cc an up, and a sore everything.  Anyways great site, very informative!!!! 

Laters,
Dan

Offline blueoval

Re: Lovin the KX 5Hundy!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 03:35:06 PM »
Welcome, Dan.  Yes the great northwest.  I grew up near Seattle.  Yeah I know another planet from Spokane.  The k5 is a very fun bike.  I agree that 3-4 hours of hard riding takes a toll.  I went on a ride today and learned a lot about the bike, energy preservation, and how to not get so wore out on the bike.   B.O.   
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is JUST RIGHT!  B.O.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 12:08:35 AM »
 Hey Dan,
 Welcome to the party,  There is alot of info to sift through and usually someone around to help.
   It may be a little slow this weekend, but look for all the cool ride reports next few days.
Blue O. makes a very good point on pacing yourself.  It appears to move up the ladder of importance the more grey hair you get. :-P
   Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline kwilson

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 07:37:00 AM »
Welcome Dan I just got here myself. My parents live in Post falls so not far off.  I Grew up in Seattle and worked at Bent Bike if you were ever in there.  I have a 1993 KX500 = a project for now but am looking forward to the rides to come.....So I am jealous to hear how much fun you are having on yours.

Kirk