Author Topic: Hydraulic Clutches  (Read 3145 times)

NastyNick

Hydraulic Clutches
« on: March 09, 2004, 06:44:53 AM »
anybody using one of these?  As I understand it, KTM uses them as stock equipment on their bikes.

I am considering one of these, but I am wondering if anybody has any real world experience with them.  To be honest, when I road a buddies KTM 520sx, I didn't notice any real difference in clutch pull than on my K5.

KX142

Hydraulic Clutches
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 07:21:46 AM »
I tried a magura and had nothing but problems, I heard the Hebo is better

Rick

Hydraulic Clutches
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 10:04:23 AM »
Nothing but problems.  Cables all the way...

Rick

husqrider

Hydraulic Clutches
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 10:58:03 AM »
I had the Magura hyd clutch on my KX5 and in my opinion, it was not near worth the $ it cost. It did not lighten the clutch pull as much as I thought it should or as advertised. I now run a modified Motion Pro terminator cable ( see Ricks cable mod thread ) with a Works Connection lever and perch. Very smooth and light !

mikesmith

Hydraulic Clutches
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 08:39:17 PM »
I helped a guy once pull his 525 from a cliff(he crashed off the cliff,and the only thing holding it was a root stuck in the peg) and when we got the bike to level ground the clutch must have got air in it-no workie!

NastyNick

Hydraulic Clutches
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 04:38:19 AM »
which WC perch are you using?  Doing it that way would cost less and if it gives the smooth pull I want, it would work better to boot.

Sharc

Hydraulic Clutches
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 05:02:35 AM »
I guess I rode Husky's too long - my 2002 K5 clutch is all stock, not rerouted, and seems smooth and easy to me...I'd rather spend the $$ on prime rib and Guinness...I dont notice the vibration either, til I get on my buddy's Ktoom 300. Compared to 500's in the '80s newer K5's are cream puffs...