Author Topic: Marker paint  (Read 2538 times)

Motorrad

Marker paint
« on: April 09, 2010, 05:47:04 AM »
With everyone always talking about loose hardware etc loctite seems to be the only thing people mention as a fix.   
Nobody has mentioned marker paint. 

Being a desert rAcer I use it on my kx and on mu ktm (my long distance dirt bike, like cross country).
Makes it quick and easy to see the status on bolts etc.  Motor mount and so on.  Quick glance in the pits and your good Togo, or just between rides.   

Offline blueoval

Re: Marker paint
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 07:15:06 AM »
Nice way to monitor for loosening hardware, etc.  Do you still use loctite on select fasteners?
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is JUST RIGHT!  B.O.

Motorrad

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 07:20:02 AM »
Nice way to monitor for loosening hardware, etc.  Do you still use loctite on select fasteners?

yes sir. All my bikes go together with various grades of loctite, and a torque wrench. EVERY BOLT AND NUT gets torqed. (cept ones that hold on plastic) then I marker paint all of em also.  Takes along time. But my hardware doesn't fall out or bust like my race buddys that make fun of me for the time invested.   Just use the marker paint so you can keep any eye on stuff
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 08:49:30 AM by Motorrad »

Offline barryadam

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 10:37:29 AM »
Rad,

Them Team Green style motorguards on your frame lookin' mighty trick....
"I hate heli-coils. They are like hospice for motorcycle parts."- BDI

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 03:40:34 PM »
 Yup, x2 on the guards!
  Also great Idea on the paint. I also use common old Dap on the plastic. water clean-up and it may not keep the parts from loosening up, but helps from them vibrating out.
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"