Author Topic: Tubes for Desert racing  (Read 2828 times)

DanH1

Tubes for Desert racing
« on: February 28, 2004, 05:34:51 AM »
I'm getting ready to race in the Terrible's Town 250 so I'm getting supplies together. What tube is the best to use for Desert racing? Common sence would say a heavy tube. Normaly for hare scrambles or just for desert riding I use a MSR ultra heavy duty, Pikes Peak I use a standard tube [ due to the high speed but smooth road ]. When I was Dirt tracking I used a standard, again high speed but smooth track. I picked up 2 MSR tubes the other day, but also a Fly racing 4mm tube. This tube is very thick, much more so than even the MSR.  I guess my real question is - Is the Fly TOO thick, going to build too much heat, or should I just not worry about it and run the MSR's that I have never had a problem with?
   This is my first 250+ mile race and I may be putting too much thought into it but I just want to be as prepared as possible.    

Desert racers help me out.
 Thanks      Dan

teamgreen500

Tubes for Desert racing
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 10:19:40 AM »
Bridgestone H/Ds, Dunlop H/Ds, Moose H/Ds...

I've had good luck with all of them. The Bridgestones seem to be the most bullet-proof.

Good luck,

Manny

kawdude

Tubes for Desert racing
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 12:28:58 PM »
Who sells Fly tubes online?

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Tubes for Desert racing
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 07:06:41 PM »
Ditto on the Bridgestones ;)

mikesmith

Tubes for Desert racing
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 09:55:49 PM »
Since non of us seem to have used the Flys try them and let us know how they work.

DanH1

Tubes for Desert racing
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2004, 05:05:47 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. I'll let you know.      Dan