Author Topic: moose/electrosport lighting stator  (Read 2202 times)

Offline woodsrider73

moose/electrosport lighting stator
« on: March 04, 2010, 02:56:39 PM »
i got my moose/ electrosport lighting stator for my 03 kx250 today, and wanted to share some info on my install. it was easy, you will need an impact driver to loosen the stator plate screws and of course a flywheel puller. one problem is there are no timing marks on the moose stator plate, but i scribed a line on it using the stock one to verify the location. otherwise it was plug and play. the wiring directions for the lighting were good, you just have to use a pick to remove the pins from the regulator plug and install them into the wiring connector they supply. then insert the wires from the lighting harness into the regulator plug. you will need additional male and female plugs to use their lighting harness, i could not find them at any auto parts stores, but fortunately i had a harness from my old quad and found matching plugs on it i could use. i did'nt hook up the light to test it yet, i'm still waiting on my kdx switch.
i'm just going to hard wire it to the headlight tomorrow to test it.
also the bike started 1st kick after installing it, so i guess its wired right.

thank you to Trent Kirby for your technical assitance, electrosport rocks!

here are some pics.

stock stator is on the left side.

the wiring harness was a little long so i looped it around the coolant hose.

here's the lighting harness. the 1st pic was sent to me by Trent to clarify the wiring.

:mrgreen:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 06:42:16 PM by woodsrider73 »