Author Topic: Seat Cover  (Read 2814 times)

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
Seat Cover
« on: February 26, 2004, 03:16:49 PM »
How in hell do you guys get seat covers on or ligned up. I purchased a N-Style graphics kit and can NOT for the life of me get it right. I've wasted about 1000 staples and about 5 hours of my precious time. HELP!!! I have no seat now and plabn to ride this weekend.  :cry: I am going to beg the dealers here, but I doubt they can do them either, I figure it is about an hour of there time and it is like $80 to install. It is worth riding, that is for sure. But, I'd rather do it myself.

Thanks guys,

Offline GreenMachine

Seat Cover
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 04:53:57 PM »
Well, the first time I changed a seat cover it didn't come out exactly right, but I have gotten better at it.

This is how I do it. I start at the front of the seat. Put a couple staples in when you get the front lined up where you want it. ( you should be using a good electric or air stapler BTW. It is alot easier) Then I work down the sides little by little. Be sure to work both sides evenly. once you get to the back the front will prolly be a bit crooked. I take out my staples in the front and pull it into place.

If yer using a precut cover they are hard to get on right. I have made several custom covers for my friends and my daughter. You can leave em a little long and trim latter.

One more point. Use A LOT of staples. Espeacially if you are not using a good stapler.

Know this was not the best, but hope it helps. Is alot better if you can watch some one do it once.

Good Luck,
Jody
Even the mightiest of oaks was once just a crazy nut that stood its ground.

SLEEZ

Seat Cover
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 05:33:28 PM »
Take it to an upholsterer. Heat it up before trying to stretch it.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
Seat Cover
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 06:13:09 PM »
Thanks guys, between GreenMachine's advise and my dad's. We got it done. :-) Thanks

porky

n-style
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 01:21:02 AM »
Bit off the topic but hope you guys can help,over hear in the uk.im having dificulty even geting an n-style seat cover to match the decals i got months ago,any one know of a good shop or web site i can try,preferably with photo's so i can get the right one.Thanks

mikesmith

Seat Cover
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 09:30:13 PM »
Ill look in some of my catalogs on my day off,but why not start with N styles web site and see if you can order them direct so you know your getting the correct cover?

porky

Seat Cover
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 06:10:21 AM »
Thanks,but i allready tried that,the only problem was N-Style dont list a seat cover for the 500,in the ultra range,but i have seen bikes with them fitted,unless it was a 125/250 seat cover,but i didnt think they would fit the shape of the 500's seat,unless someone else knows better