Author Topic: KT250 34 years old.  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
KT250 34 years old.
« on: March 01, 2010, 03:28:59 PM »
I picked this up 4 months back, found it on Craigslist Dallas.  It's a 34 year old, 1976 2 stroke Kawasaki KT250 production trials bike.  They only made it in 1975/76.  I got it all cleaned up and running good/dependable.  Only has 600 miles, original tires still holding air, unmolested bike.  Most of the time you find old bikes and they have yanked the lights or other "stuff" they thought they didn't need.  I'm going to use it to putt around at the camp site.  They asphalted all the roads in the camping area at Little Sahara Okla.  Needed a "pit bike" so I don't wear out my paddle tires.  I think "camp bike" is what I'll call it.  Pit bikes make me think of little hot rod/fast small bikes.  This bike does not go more than 35 mph it's geared so low.  Stand back! A full 16 hp @ 6,500 rpm.  Just right for going over to my buddies camp to throw back a few adult beverages.  Won't go fast so I can't get out of hand going back to my camp.
I got new tubes and tires, tomorrow when I do the tires I'll get better pictures.  It has a cool chain oilier, oil tank is the left side of the swing arm. Has a little screw to set the rate of drip onto the chain and a fill hole just like on a motor.  It's a neat bike that was well taken care of and not used much.  It kind of has a cult following.  Not very many of these still puffing smoke.
Double click on the brochure to read.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 03:55:03 PM by Danger4u2 »
KX 500 Rider

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: KT250 34 years old.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 04:22:01 PM »
 Very Cool Danger!
  Are you going to be making one of those cool Extreme Trials vids crawling over campers and stuff?
All kidding aside, That is a neat bike. Some one else was asking about these several months ago..
  Let the Good times Roll  :-D
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline Purpletj

Re: KT250 34 years old.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 04:28:26 PM »
Very nice find. Congrats.
"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours. That's relativity." -- Albert Einstein