Author Topic: Anyone had to service a WER stabilizer?  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
Anyone had to service a WER stabilizer?
« on: March 26, 2010, 12:13:10 AM »
I have a WER stabilizer/dampner. It came with the bike, and may be the only thing besides the seat that I have not had to repair or replace. It had good pressure in it 4-5 years ago. The last year or two, it only slowed the bars down during a high speed movement. Now, it does nothing, but add some squeaky sounds from the linkage. I remeber reading about these and found that you need to submerge them to bleed them correctly. Tried that, it didn't change my steering feel. I heard that there is a rebuild kit for the internals, but their website only offers service, not the parts. I was about to throw this thing away, until I realized how much a new one is. It must be solid gold internals. Can anyone help me to get this WER stabilizer to actually stabilize? They do help alot, when they work. Thanks.

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
Re: Anyone had to service a WER stabilizer?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 09:57:31 AM »
 GPR  fixes their's for free, maybe you should call or email WER to see if they have good customer service too.  Or maybe they have a small fee to redo it. Anyway the seal, oring and oil cannot amount to much money. I wouldnt take it apart until I talked to them first.
 John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.