Author Topic: Havin a crack  (Read 3713 times)

Offline blackjack

Havin a crack
« on: February 18, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »
Started modifying the frame for my 94 K5 / 06 450 conversion. Ive been keen to do it all myself and not farm any tasks out and so far Ive not managed to get snagged. decided to go for the complete cradle replacement, so I twisted up the square tubing and milled up my own billet 'Y' piece which I built to slip into the main frame and the cradle and after some anxious moments, it slipped together like a treat. The only major hurdle Ive encountered so was once id got the new frame together and welded..... and sitting back with a few coldies patting myself on the back..... I discovered that the left 450f radiator was way to long to be used as my 'Y' piece ruined the party...doh. however I soon discovered that a left CRF 450 radiator ( Im doing a CRF450/CR500 conversion as well) was the perfect size and with a few simple mods will fit right up, and on top of that the stock CRF coolant hose 'y' and routing is spot on, with the 20 and 16mm hoses lining up perfectly, just gotta play with the lengths a bit. Dont know if this is soley my own discovery, but what the hey, it works for me. stay tuned for more updates

Offline blackjack

Re: Havin a crack
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 03:25:15 AM »
Heres some pics of the finished product

Offline RM_Rider14

• RS4
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 03:29:07 AM »
Bike is sick looking!  One of the best I've seen to date.  Great job!
Silly Rabbit, tricks are for hookers.

Offline blackjack

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 03:36:48 AM »
cheers mate, and if I may be so bold as to say, it goes as good as it looks to. had me giggling like a teenage schoolgirl first time I rode it.

Offline blackjack

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 03:43:35 AM »
If anybodys interested, heres the wiring diagram for the lights. nice and bright as well, no dramas.