Author Topic: power seal usa  (Read 3113 times)

Offline pc500rider

power seal usa
« on: February 08, 2010, 03:39:27 PM »
just wondering if anyone knows how good power seal usa is for replating thinking about sending my jug out
thanks

Offline DoldGuy

Re: power seal usa
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 11:23:11 PM »
PC,
I have used them before. I was very satisfied with the plating & price. They told me 1 1/2 week turn around but was closer to 3 weeks, but I was not in a hurry. Consider the cylinder needed some welding before plating I feel the time was more than acceptable.

DoldGuy
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline RoostDaddy

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 07:51:32 AM »
I've done business with Kris @ Power Seal on more than one occasion and my only complaint is that d@mn Pennsylvania sales tax that he hits me with.  Guess I should find a shipping address from Maryland!    :lol:
All in all, good guy and good work.
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.

Offline cbxracer30

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 11:40:13 AM »
Eric Gorr recommends them for east coast riders, he said they have state of the art equipment.CBX
Yep, you can ride it - if YOU can start it !!

Offline agraebner

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 02:52:52 PM »
Just got my ktm 300 exc cylinder back today and its perfect.  It took 9 days from the time it left here priority mail till back in my hands.  The work looks awsome and my local machnist measered everything and they are PRECISE with their work.  They also answered any questions quickly and it wasnt just a link to their sites FAQ.  Soon as I get my ktm back together Its the 1990 kx125s turn for a top end. Ive never been into this bikes since ive had it so im planning on the worst and im sure theyll get more work from me.

stewart

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 03:13:12 AM »
i talked to them at the trade show nice guys and there worked looked very nice

Offline greencannon

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 02:52:04 PM »
No experience with Power Seal but these guys did a superb job for me a few years ago. Check it out

http://maxpower-engines.com/

compression is tight and the plating refuses to wear out. Ive replaced 3 pistons and still have cross hatch pattern in the cylinder.
Their technology is far superior to the weak Kawi plating

Offline brucegregory

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 09:11:06 AM »
what i read is the plating is all the same no matter who does it. i did a little research on the plating because i had heard this before i read up on the process on the wikipedia and no matter what it is called it is all nickel and silicon carbide the only thing i can tell is who does it better prep the cylinder right and then the prices vary but i know us chrome does good work from what i read

Offline greencannon

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 04:29:16 PM »
A sled drag racer recommended Max Power to me at one time and I was quick to conclude US Chrome was the only one for me. After researching Apticote 2000 I decided to give them a try.
 The performance and workmanship results were alot better than my previous experiences. Only the scientists who develop these platings will truly know if they are the same,  due to trademark rights. But I can tell you when I got my cylinder back, the plating looked different, felt different and sounded a lot different during break in than the Ni stuff.
Not trying to knock anybody, just posting my experience.