Author Topic: Clutch question  (Read 1946 times)

Offline sniper1

Clutch question
« on: June 23, 2011, 05:30:28 PM »
        Just a quick question before changing clutch plates since I don't see a hinson in the near future I'm going to use the OEM basket if it's in good shape but I bought the OEM fibers so are they all the same? I know the honda 450 has 2 oddball fibers with oil grooves just making sure that isn't the case on the 500 but I didn't buy a kit I just bought them off bikebandit.
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.

Offline sniper1

Re: Clutch question
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 07:12:07 PM »
        This is just a temporary fix until a hinson basket is made :) I just can't stand the clutch slipping a little bit right now so in with the new parts before I hit the sand dunes.
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.

Motorrad

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 07:35:23 PM »
        This is just a temporary fix until a hinson basket is made :) I just can't stand the clutch slipping a little bit right now so in with the new parts before I hit the sand dunes.

The basket wont effect clutch slippage...  :|   only Clutch Sticking..

Offline sniper1

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 05:55:01 AM »
        Well said motorrad :) I really wanted that basket in here for the dunes but the OEM should hold up for the weekend but the dragstrip is real heavy sand they keep it smooth and wet with a christmas tree light and the whole nine yards it's a blast but the heavy sand is hard on clutches and I start in 2nd gear so a beating is on the way to the ole clutch and basket.

Offline awak100

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 12:20:24 AM »
use heavy duty clutch springs, you have the thing apart, and they dont cost that .  I have them on all my bikes, I run 14 paddle dominaters