Author Topic: 86/87 actuator arm  (Read 1748 times)

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
86/87 actuator arm
« on: February 05, 2010, 04:12:25 AM »
on my 86, the actuator arm runs in a bushing, and on the 87, which are SUPPOSEDLY identical cases, the arm runs in needle bearings.can i remove the sleeve and run needle bearings on the 86????  thanks, kwakman
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
Re: 86/87 actuator arm
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 02:46:51 AM »
anybody got some 87 cases which they can measure the bore of the actuator arm housing so i can compare them to my 86? dont even have to be 87 cases, anything after 86 should give me a measurement of the arm housing bore so i can work out whether i can run the bearings and i'll do the rest. pretty please with sugar on the top........ :wink:
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 06:15:32 PM »
fine, dont then, see if i care..... :cry:

Offline cbxracer30

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 11:56:43 PM »
Dough906 doesn't get on here to much but I'll see if we can him to measure that for you, he has a couple 87's.CBX
Yep, you can ride it - if YOU can start it !!

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 12:00:42 AM »
much obliged.dont even have to be an 87, they all run needle bearings after 86...