Author Topic: I can't believe it I finally got a Christini  (Read 16787 times)

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
I can't believe it I finally got a Christini
« on: February 03, 2010, 03:32:34 PM »
I have wanted a Christini since I read about it 3 or 4 years ago. Today I sinched the deal. I'm like a kid at Christmas, can't wait for it to show up. Here are a couple of articles.

http://www.dirtrider.com/reviews/dirt_bike/141_0905_torture_test_2009_kawasaki_kx450f_awd_christini/index.html

http://www.motorcyclingmag.com/2009_Christini_AWD_Kawasaki_KX450F_Motorcycle_Test

"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline newp500

Re: I can't believe it I finally got a Christini
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 11:10:38 PM »
Still a little rich for my blood, but would be awesome for the snowscramble races! Christini + trelleborg tires= unstoppable :-D

Offline iamsofaking

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 04:03:35 AM »
Looks pretty sweet.  Please post a ride report after you get it hooked up.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 04:42:21 AM »
 :-D
         oohh....When I hit the  Lotto....
 Congratulations!   Lot's of us will be waiting to hear all about that Baby.. :mrgreen:
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline ID KX500

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 04:49:21 AM »
Looks pretty sweet.  Please post a ride report after you get it hooked up.
I sure will, I guess I might be able to get into the high country earlier. Also anxious to see how well the EFI works at changing altitudes. If I don't like the four joke,,,in goes a KX500.
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline demographic

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 09:31:19 AM »
Nice one, looks great.

Offline ID KX500

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 02:37:42 PM »
 :-D :-D :-D
Well the bike arived today! More fun than a human should be allowed!
I only rode about 45 min,,, but first impressions are 1- plows through deep snow great, hard crusted stuff that you'd be stuck in with other bikes is no sweat and easy to handle,,,without reverse I didn't really put it to the test cause I wasn't in the mood to get stuck. 2- ice still not good with regular tires. 3-dumped bike over climbing,,,EFI is a gift from the Metal Gods for old overweight guys,,,no flooding,,,started on first or second kick even laying down for 3-4 minutes. 4-kills easy may consider Rekluse if my clucth to throttle ratio doesn't improve. 5-climbing is a kick in the pants fun,,,not enough today though to really get a feel of it.
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline Purpletj

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 06:31:27 AM »
Congrats. Now go post some video.
"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours. That's relativity." -- Albert Einstein

Offline rrguy

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 08:17:00 AM »
wow what did she cost if you don't mind me asking?

Offline ID KX500

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 10:20:48 AM »
A Christini all wheel drive setup is $4000-4600. It does work.
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline demographic

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 06:21:10 AM »
Its not often I see a new bike I feel envy over (seriously) but I'm feeling a pang of it now.

Looks great, any problems with the system you have noticed so far?
How does it get drive down to the front wheel?

Pleased for you.

Offline ID KX500

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 03:23:25 PM »
Its not often I see a new bike I feel envy over (seriously) but I'm feeling a pang of it now.

Looks great, any problems with the system you have noticed so far?
How does it get drive down to the front wheel?

Pleased for you.

Here's the website   http://www.christini.com/awd-technology.php

I was in Bliss today riding. Bliss, Idaho that is,,,but the other bliss also,,,on the new bike.
I got a chance to ride today,,,I had to drive 3 hrs there and 3 hrs back,,, but worth it to me. There were lots of hill climbs,,, sandy and gravely,,,the ground was nice and wet so the traction was already good. Sorry my camera crew was off today so no pics. I'm still getting used to the 4 stroke,,,very impressed with how easy it is to start,,,my K5 luggs around at practicaly idle which the 450 can't do but it is just a different horse. 2WD is like 4 wheel drive in a pickup,,,how often do you need it,,,but boy howdy when you do you feel impowered. Think I will try a winter snow ride later this week ,,,I'll try to get pics.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 04:13:07 PM by ID KX500 »
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline ID KX500

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 12:22:45 PM »
I've had a chance to ride the Christini KX450F in the snow, it is a whole new experience with a front wheel pulling instead of being pushed. Where the snow was too deep for ATVs, (an ATV will highcenter and get stuck) this bike diggs in and goes. I hope to be able to post some of the video I have when I get my computer to camcorder figured out.
Oh also a good word again about the KX450F EFI,,,,EFI has been sweet,,,,too bad the EFI isn't on a 2Stroke KX500,,,,but no complaints on the motor right now.
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 10:10:54 PM »
look nice with an expansion chamber on it.....
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline ID KX500

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 01:27:08 PM »
I had a problem with the all-wheel-drive a while back,,,riding through snow trying to get to my buddies cabin. The drive stopped working and was grinding inside. When I took it apart it needed a clip that never was installed from the beginning. I emailed Steve Christini he was on it that morning getting me the new parts at no cost under warranty. Christini is one of those on the ball, honest, get it done right now guys, excellent service, above average, well I hope you get the point. While it was down I changed a sprocket on the front drive from a 16 down to 15,,,I was of the opinion that the back wheel had to spin too much before engadging,,,I like the change it is driving the front wheel at a closer ratio to the rear wheel. Not a lot of chances for real testing of all-wheel-drive on my recent rides the trail conditions are wet and the rear hooked good anyway.

Impressions of the KX450F for trail riding,,,,I love it,,,,the four stroke for down hill is nice with the engine drag,,,only wish there was a compression release for the real steep inclines,,,I always used my compression release on the XR600 like a jake/brake. No major altitude yet but from 5000ft to 7000ft the EFI is sweet. I thought I might want a Recluse but I never ridden one and wouldn't think I'd like it if it clutches going down hill,,,I really like the drag it has right now.

Pics of Chinese Peak by Pocatello, ID
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 01:29:21 PM by ID KX500 »
"Endeavor to persevere."