Author Topic: KX 5 ?'s with mods  (Read 1369 times)

Offline newp500

KX 5 ?'s with mods
« on: February 25, 2010, 02:39:27 AM »
So I teamed up for a 3hr with a friend on his 2004 K5 last weekend with some mods that were done since last year and I noticed a change in power. The bike was stock last year except for the FMF Gnarly pipe and silencer and had great power low/mid and a decent hit on top still. This year he put v-force reeds and the  Wiseco piston with the cut window in and the bike has seem to lose the top hit (very mellow). The only time the bike gets run is on the ice and we noticed that the polit went from a 60/62 to a 68/70, same with the needle and main (all had to go richer). The temps are the same as last year when we tested jetting (10/15 deg.'s). Is it normal for the power to change that much with the mod's he's done and does everybody have to richen the jetting this much with these mod's?

Thanks

Offline greencannon

Re: KX 5 ?'s with mods
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 04:08:36 AM »
It seems everybody's jetting is different when it comes to really cold weather.  I jetted according to what lots of people recomended in the forums and after lots of trial and error and lots of spark plug readings. It turned out I was jetted way too rich everywhere and the bike just wouldn't open up.  My final jetting ended up being 1 size richer on the pilot, one size richer on the main, and one clip position richer on the stock needle. I had similar mods with 10 - 20 deg. temps
Good Luck