Author Topic: Rebound Spacer???  (Read 6825 times)

teamgreen500

Rebound Spacer???
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2004, 04:30:48 PM »
Try www.koubalink.com I'm pretty sure that their KLX650 "Bones" will do the trick.

Manny

Offline bigborefan

Good machinist
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2004, 08:13:26 AM »
Find a good machinist. I have a buddy who makes them for me, he usually charges me about $40.00 bucks, but that is the buddy deal. I go shorter to make the bike turn better. Pro Circuit sell shorter ones for $80.00 I belive. MIne are nice CNC type parts. I may be able to con my buddy into making you some, just need to know how much shorter you want them.
2006 KTM 300XC
1994 KX 500 x 2
1991 KX 500
1988 KX 250

kawdude

Rebound Spacer???
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2004, 03:04:13 PM »
That's the problem.  I don't know how long to make them.  My first try was about 5/8" extension and that lowered to the point of dragging the tire on the fender.  I suppose the next set will be 3/8" extension to see if this meets my needs.

kawdude

Rebound Spacer???
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2004, 02:27:35 PM »
This weekend I made couple of these dogbones trying to test what length is needed.  I believe the best one for me was to increase the stock length by .25 inches.  This appeared to lower the bike by two inches.  Now I need to dial in the spring.

kawdude

Rebound Spacer???
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2004, 03:00:28 PM »
With this lowering project completing, is there a process to "balance" the front and the rear suspension.

Rick

Rebound Spacer???
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2004, 07:07:30 AM »
Yup, same as before you lowered the suspension.

kawdude

Rebound Spacer???
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2004, 02:18:59 PM »
Ok but isn't that process just for ride hight of rear?  Is there a separate process to match that hight of the rear to the front.  See I have lowered the triples on the forks.  I can do a search within the forum but I don't know what the search term would be.  I'll start with suspension and see what happens.  Thank for your help.

Rick

Rebound Spacer???
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2004, 07:07:28 AM »
Oops, misunderstood your question.  Don't think I have ever dealt with changing the ride height in the front before, so I'll do it now.  

As a general rule, if you lower the rear one inch, you should lower the front the same amount.  This will keep the front and rear of the bike in the same aspect as before.  The simplest way to lower the front is to raise the forks above the top tripple clamp.  

As for balance in the suspension, as a general rule, if you take the bike of the stand, put your foot on either foot peg and push down, the front and rear of the bike should both go down at the same rate and the return to the extended position at somewhat the same rate.  That's the general rule, and adjustment to even the front and rear is done with the adjustment screws first (assuming you have springs that are correct for your weight in both front and rear.  There is a lot that goes into balancing the suspension, and the fast your ride, the less you rely on balance the front and rear as tje bike sits idle.  However, this is a great way to start with a new bike before you begin to adjust anything.

Rick

kawdude

Rebound Spacer???
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2004, 07:08:33 AM »
Thanks for the help!