Author Topic: Mix and Match exhaust components  (Read 3440 times)

Offline abramztnk

Mix and Match exhaust components
« on: November 29, 2009, 08:52:10 AM »
I should be smart enough to figure this one out, but I'll as it anyway.  Has anyone had luck mixing FMF and PC headers and mufflers?  Specifically, the PC T4 Slip-on and the FMF Power Bomb.  As I read the specs, it looks as if each works with the stock mid-pipe, unless it is part of the system.  Can any of you fine Gentlemen shed any light on the subject?

Thanks,

Tank
07 KX 450F
08 450 XCR-W

Offline abramztnk

Re: Mix and Match exhaust components
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 02:31:38 PM »
Disregard, went ahead and bought a Leo Vince System for the same price the PC muffler went for....$225 for a SS header and Can with spark arrestor is pretty good in my book.  Anybody got any experience with Leo Vince?
07 KX 450F
08 450 XCR-W

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 04:43:57 AM »
Abramz,
  As I understand this subject the parts are generally made to bolt up to the stock locations,  mixing and matching bike parts is just like the automotive world.
  As an example you can buy an edlebrock intake manifold bolt it to a pair of Air research heads and throw on a demon carb to top it all off.
  There are certain parameters but generally speaking it will bolt all together.
     You can throw a lectron carb, kibblewhite stainless valves,  titanium springs and a hot cams cam, on your bike with a leo Vince header, a Ti FMF megabomb midpipe and pro crcuit silencer and it should all bolt together with minimum "tweaking"
   This might run like a crf 150....however it should all bolt together in the stock Honda Mounting locations...
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline abramztnk

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 10:09:24 AM »
My Leo Vince X3 got here yesterday and I bolted her up today.  Went much smoother than I had been led to believe.  There are instructions, but not real detailed instructions, which is no big deal, except figuring out which pieces of hardware go with which frame bolt (provided).  Quality is outstanding.  I installed the 94 db insert and spark arrestor.  It really is not that much quieter than stock, but I can legally get "off of the reservation" now.  I didn't ride it but hope to this weekend. 

Tank
07 KX 450F
08 450 XCR-W

Offline rrguy

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 08:21:59 AM »
the leo should be nice but never ran one on a dirt machine

the fmf slipon should have a bushing to fit stock & remove to fit bigger head pipe, I don't know about the PC slipon or like others they just fit stock headpipe or you have to cut off the tip where it reduces diameter