Author Topic: KX Rear Shock  (Read 2374 times)

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
KX Rear Shock
« on: February 20, 2004, 04:30:23 PM »
:shock: Well, after thinking I did a wonderful job getting my KX back to running for the summer, I blow the rear suspension.  :roll:

I have a buddy with a 1989 KX125 junk bike, but with a good rear shock. Would anybody know if that would fit on a '90 KX500? They look exacly the same as do 85% of the parts. <- which I have borrowed  :D from before..

Offline demographic

KX Rear Shock
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 11:29:49 PM »
I think that 500 shockers are set up differently cos on average, 500 riders have eaten more pies :D

You could check part numbers on buykawasaki.com to find out

kawdude

KX Rear Shock
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 12:59:41 PM »
I'm pretty sure that all the rears are the same.  I know a 250 fits a 500 and I would assume Kaw would not make a bunch of different shocks for their bikes.  They definately could be setup differently internally.  If they look the same just try it.

teamgreen500

KX Rear Shock
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 11:49:47 AM »
Internally they are compatible; HOWEVER! They have entirely DIFFERENT valving. You need to have your stocker rebuilt and re-valved.

Manny

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
KX Rear Shock
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 06:50:47 PM »
Well, I'd like to ride this coming weekend. So, until I find another one or get mine rebuilt (prefer another one), I just installed it. It fits fine. It's better than riding with a blown shock.

Thanks guys.