Author Topic: KX FMF Desert Pipe  (Read 2525 times)

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
KX FMF Desert Pipe
« on: February 19, 2004, 04:04:58 PM »
I finally installed it and took it for s test ride... um..  :shock: Wow, it does make a diffrence in the top-end. Infact, it made a huge diffrence! It was 10pm so I couldn't take some trails, so I decided to take the neighborhood just to check it out. Yeah, it did what it was ment to do. Very pleased and excited! Can't wait to ride some trails!  8)

mikesmith

KX FMF Desert Pipe
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 07:20:57 AM »
How did it effect low end,does it kill it or just loose a little?

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
KX FMF Desert Pipe
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 04:04:28 PM »
I did notice a small bit off in the low range. But, it rolled into a very strong mid, I believe it is much stronger than stock, then hits extremely hard in the top. I was too scared to pin it up top in any gear but 5th and I got a wheel spin. But, I also have a pretty knobby tire. But, it would not spin the tire anytime most of the time with the stocker. So, there is a pretty drematic shift in power. It will wheelie in the mid range, but mostly spin up top. I did let it rev out in 5th and it was still pulling the front tire off the ground. I had it ported for mid-top, but the pipe sure did the total job. :-) I think I busted the rear shock, as it feels a bit more bouncy today than it did yesterday.

leewinsor

KX FMF Desert Pipe
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 02:04:04 PM »
Would this pipe(FMF Gnarly Desert) be compatible with the FMF Powercore 2 Silencer?
Lee

mikesmith

KX FMF Desert Pipe
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 06:40:58 AM »
Yes the Powercore 2 will fit.