Author Topic: How does it look like in your trailer?  (Read 5543 times)

Offline Swe_K5_89

• >> KX500 -89 <<
How does it look like in your trailer?
« on: December 28, 2009, 08:52:22 AM »
Hi, Have just bought a trailer to take my bike to the tracks. It's 3,6*1,6m in bottom and the inside hight is 1,65 m. Have started to think about how I should do with the fitting inside the trailer to have the best use of it.. Any ideas? Would be nice to see some pictures from your trailers to get new ideas.. Also ideas of what I should do or maybe not do.. Should be possible to have two big bikes in the trailer.
This is the trailer:
1989 KX500
1981 YZ465

Offline Swe_K5_89

• >> KX500 -89 <<
Re: How does it look like in your trailer?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 06:51:42 AM »
Some ideas?  :?
1989 KX500
1981 YZ465

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 07:21:21 AM »
Maybe some cabinets from a house that someone is re-modeling. Cabinets can be great storage items (over head type) or maybe the counter top type which provide a small work bench with store underneath storage. A small roll around tool box can mounted to the wall to store tools but is most cases you want need that many tools at the track so maybe a tool bag.  I would focus on a good system to secure the bikes and make sure they don?t come lose during travel. I don?t use a trailer so I not sure all you would need inside I guess it just depends how long you might be out riding (multi day trips may require more tools or even parts than a day trip.) A trailer that size weight might be come an issue.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline RM_Rider14

• RS4
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 07:26:28 AM »
First, stagger two of these on the floor;  
Found here for only $12.99 each; http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=97145 

Maybe along these lines too;

Good ideas; http://www.aluminumcabinetcompany.com/
Silly Rabbit, tricks are for hookers.

Offline Swe_K5_89

• >> KX500 -89 <<
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 12:04:05 AM »
Thanks! Will use your comments when deciding on how it should look like in my trailer. 
1989 KX500
1981 YZ465

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 05:26:20 AM »
How big is your trailer Swe, and what do you whant to have in it??
I don't have a trailer but have a bus to put my bike in.
Maybe I can give you some idea's.

Dutch
Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline Swe_K5_89

• >> KX500 -89 <<
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 09:32:54 AM »
It's 3,7m*1,6m and 1,7m high. The one on the picture above. Would like to have a way to easy move the tools and equipment between the garage and the trailer. To make it possible to use it both in the garage and in trailer when I'm at the track. Like the idea with over head cabinets proposed by Hughes. Maybe combine two of them to create a small work bench..
1989 KX500
1981 YZ465

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 08:44:18 PM »
Then you have a lot of space, you could tranport 4 or 5 bikes with that!
I'll try to make some floor plans and post it early evening.
Would you like to have a door in it or a service heatch like the once use in mobile homes?

Dutch
Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline Swe_K5_89

• >> KX500 -89 <<
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 01:27:28 AM »
No plans to hava a aditional door. There are two separate doors in the back. Think that I will maximum have two bikes normaly.
1989 KX500
1981 YZ465

Offline teamwsr

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 02:50:02 AM »
A couple of things I did with my old trailer was put a black and white checkered floor and two small folding tables. The floor was very simple but you definitely want to do it before you start rolling dirty bikes in and out of it. Total cost was under $100 and it was easy to do, making it much easier to clean mud off the floor. The tables were very easy to I just went to a local motorhome/travel trailer parts shop and he ordered me two folding tables, 18"x30" that mount to the inside of the trailer yet fold down when not in use. My trailer was 7'x14' and I put three bikes in there no problem. I also used two permanent wheel chocks up front and one removable in the rear. Sorry but no pics. I sold the trailer a couple of years ago.

Ron

Offline KXcam22

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 03:13:45 AM »
Swe,
  I used to add hinged platforms to the walls (piano hinge) that fold down and used removable poles for support. They were either beds, benches, tables or work surfaces depending on what you needed at the time. When not in use they attach to the wall. Nice trailer. Cam.

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 06:33:51 AM »
I hope you can understand my drawing.Looked for hour for foto's, can't find one inside my bus.
Used to have a box to sit on next to my bike, there was plastic, old carpet, clutch cable,etz...
Under the roof also a box on ether side. It was half open, Oil,chainlube siliconspray,brakecleaner, pre-oiled airfilter,etz.....
Your supriced to see how much you take with you when riding!!!

@ http://www.sec-construction.com/_ln/ln_camper.php are some pictures, maybe it helps.

Dutch
Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline Swe_K5_89

• >> KX500 -89 <<
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 06:03:35 AM »
Good ideas! Will really consider this when deciding for how to do it.
Thanks!
1989 KX500
1981 YZ465

Offline jfabmotorsports.com

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 10:51:18 AM »
I built these some time ago to fit the etrack. I can put 8 MX bikes in a 18 foot trailer with plenty of room left for gear. The only bad part is that they come out so easy that your friends will still want you to help with there moving needs. If you own an enclosed trailer you know what I mean! :x

JFAB
Don't just float through life, make waves!

Offline don46

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 11:03:27 AM »
I built these some time ago to fit the etrack. I can put 8 MX bikes in a 18 foot trailer with plenty of room left for gear. The only bad part is that they come out so easy that your friends will still want you to help with there moving needs. If you own an enclosed trailer you know what I mean! :x

JFAB

I like this, great idea and you can also hook your tie down straps in the same e trac. I use something almost the same, and can get 10 bikes in a 20' trailer. Since you built you loops for the front wheel you could make them any way you wanted, I assume you hall 3 across, i would move the middle loop back abour 4 inches so the handlebars clear the outside bikes.

I would not put something in, that sticks above the floor that I could not take out (trip hazard), on one of my smaller trailers I built channel iron that fit into a bucket and when down they were basically flush with the floor, this was about 20 years ago, now you can buy them, I think somebody did the R & D thing (rob and duplicate)
Live today, for tomorrow may never come