Author Topic: Handlebars and Hand Guards  (Read 1907 times)

Offline blueoval

Handlebars and Hand Guards
« on: December 05, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »
I have a set of Easton handlebars that have a large diameter.  The Acerbis pro Handguards brackets are too small for the bars.  (or the handlebars are too big for the brackets)  Either way.  Does anyone know if Acerbis makes larger brackets.  Thank you very much in advance.  ted
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is JUST RIGHT!  B.O.

Motorrad

Re: Handlebars and Hand Guards
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 04:50:52 PM »
I have a set of Easton handlebars that have a large diameter.  The Acerbis pro Handguards brackets are too small for the bars.  (or the handlebars are too big for the brackets)  Either way.  Does anyone know if Acerbis makes larger brackets.  Thank you very much in advance.  ted

yes you need the optional kit.    Differant kits for differant bars. 

Offline blueoval

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 05:15:04 PM »
Thank you for the reply.  Probably overlooked that "small" matter when I made the purchase.  Will go back to the store and see if they have them.  ted

Offline KXcam22

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 04:41:09 AM »
You can also make brackets that mount them to the top triple clamp pinch bolts. I haven't done that mself but have seen lots of pics of it.  Some manufacturers mount their guards there to make them stronger and support the bars better. Cam.

Offline blueoval

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 06:02:42 AM »
OK, so nobody makes the extra large clamps for the hand guards (yet) for the large easton bars.  I Installed them, glued the grips on, safety wired the grips, rode out in the desert all day.  Then the next day went to get the appropriate handguard clamps and found out that they don't make the large clamps for the Acerbis Pro Rally guards that will fit the eastons.  So, Cycle Gear let me return them with a grip on the left and dusty from being used.  They even refunded my money for the grips.  Bought a pair of oversized ProTapers.  They once took back a pair of boots that I used in the dirt and didn't like the fit and they gave me a full refund.  BO