Author Topic: Testomonial of my Stewart built K5 Motor  (Read 5061 times)

Offline KX5MOD

Testomonial of my Stewart built K5 Motor
« on: December 03, 2009, 12:46:38 PM »
I've burned 250 gallons of 114 octane race juice in this weapon so far.
I am a motorcycle mechanic, & i ride stuff wicked hard (because i have atleast no labor costs if it breaks :roll:)....this thing won't break, & has never even fouled a plug, & the most amazing thing, is that it starts first kick (hard kick :-o) every time....even when stalled in a 200 foot long mud hole.
I've ridden this thing for well over an hour in first gear many times through the most gruelling terrain you can imagine...........get out of that to open road, & to the handle in every gear, & hold for a few miles, slam on the brakes,,,gear down, & hit brutal single track for another battle.
I've had the bike going over 100 mph a few times on my gps.....but i can tell you without having your wheels balanced, & your front fender braced....you can get pretty freaked out :-o....so i come off the gas.....at speeds up to 90 mph....she just sucks it up....roll on wheelies at 80...no joke. This thing will do roll on wheelies out of the power.
It revs wicked crisp from complete bottom to sign off.
Words cannot explain what i do to this bike...K5Abuser is a joke :-P
Anyway,,,,thought i'd share. I'm gonna do the top end this winter just because.

The bike has a shaved head, ported cylinder, Lectron carb, Pro Circuit Pipe, Reed Spacer, V-Force reeds/cage....etc etc etc.

stewart

Re: Testomonial of my Stewart built K5 Motor
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 01:17:21 PM »
glad you like that  motor setup  they are lots of fun ...thanks for the input

Motorrad

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 01:23:46 PM »
Curious why the reed spacer?

Offline KX5MOD

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 01:27:52 PM »
Maybe it is just the v force cage i've noticed,,,,prolly not a spacer at all....to be honest i never really looked closely  :roll:....just get on & stomp it :-D

stewart

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 01:29:27 PM »
theres no spacer ,,

Offline KX5MOD

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 01:30:55 PM »
No spacer.....just went for a looksee  :roll:
I dunno what it takes to blow this thing up....i really wring this thing out in a bad way.
I will kill 450's like a joke..................but what impresses me most is its enduro ability.
I almost feel sorry for what i do to this bike.
I posted pics in another thread awhile back of some enduro, & i can tell you that those pics were taken a some of the better conditions,,,,,most of the brutal stuff,,,,,you would not want to stop momentum, or get off for pics :-o
I eat 450's in the brutal treks through 200 foot long hell holes. Most times they don't even bother to follow...then ofcourse i gotta trek back through it...rooster tails the height of telephone poles. :-D

Offline k5abuser

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 01:31:23 PM »
 :lol: ok you got me . glad you like the set up .  do you need to go faster .helll yes huh. thanks for the post . we work hard and just want to help everyone go fast . good looking ride . it looks clean are you sure you ride it . ooooo yea you ride at the speeds that clean it after the mud bath  :-P :lol: :-o . j/k . ill try to abuse it more!!! :evil:
race gas is fast but Q16 hauls azz.i still ride because i am not ready to have been that fast. i ride a kx500 because they don't make a kx600!ck k5abuser on youtube

Offline KX5MOD

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 01:36:29 PM »
I ride it hard through anything that is remotely possible to do on a bike, & have been to the airbox in in 200 foot long bog holes....but i'm wicked anal about cleaning the bike after i ride :-D

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 02:35:41 PM »
KX5Mod,
That looks like a lot of fun & it sounds like you have the bike running well too! The Lectron, does it still offer "Rideability" on the single track?

Quote:
I've had the bike going over 100 mph a few times on my gps.....but i can tell you without having your wheels balanced, & your front fender braced....you can get pretty freaked out ....

Triple Digits is Rolling on a Dirt Bike!

DoldGuy
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline KX5MOD

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 03:14:53 PM »
The Lectron is wicked. I never did a thing with this bike...just ride it.
I have a stock K5 as well that is alot harder to ride brutal single track....my mod requires at least 70% less clutching.....just so happy at every rev range....clean maybe the word.

Offline kx560

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 03:21:45 PM »
Who did the port work?

stewart

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 08:56:38 PM »
as   i recall that  motor   has a cylinder on it that i had changed the port timing by lifting the jug  and milling of the top of the cylinder by .050  its the same as riasing all the duration numbers ,, it had some  slight  clean up work done  in intake booster ports   .....

Offline KX5MOD

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 02:13:31 AM »
The only thing i done to the bike is retard the timing. Not because i needed to, but i read it on here....done that, & noticed it made the bike even faster.
Never tried it way on top before that, but i've been too 102 mph, & it was early on a straight....could of got a few more out of it,,,but she wasn't stable with the fender distorting........anything over 90mph,,,,& it is sketchy....lukily enough i can blow by 450's topped out with great ease, & can raise the front while doing it........them long wheelies about 2 feet off the ground are hilarious :-D

stewart

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 02:39:23 AM »
the timing retard is a good thing for lots of riding styles gives good sustainable power  and over rev

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 04:15:12 AM »
Stewart,
Do you stack multiple base gaskets to retard the port timing?
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart