Author Topic: clutch lever ratio  (Read 16479 times)

Offline azracer19

Re: clutch lever ratio
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 10:00:39 AM »
maybe some information for us to consider....magura Hydrolic clutch $200.00 for UP TO 20 % easier clutch pull......

Magura Hydraulic Clutch for KAWASAKI KX500 1990?2004

No more pressure point fading
Self adjusting
Up to 20% less lever pull required
Less maintenance

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 10:10:59 AM »
Also, if you look at your clutch basket and hub, the wear from the clutches on both, cause alot of the extra pull. Hinson baskets and hubs are harder than OEM and resists forming the ridges like on OEM parts. The Magura is alot easier than stock set-up, but if you ride hard enough, you're forearm will still feel it. I'm just sayin' it helps.

Offline PowerFiend

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 05:37:35 AM »
Is this what you're refering to?   Easy Pull
http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.jsp?level1=1756&level2=1782&level3=1784&level4=1800&product_group_id=7267

I understand the honda CR's have a different lever ratio. I have a Honda CR aof clutch on my KX5.
  I have noticed several other guys use their middle finger to work the clutch and that would appear to give you a better "Hang on" for yer life grip on the bars.
Unfortunately it doesn't feel right to me. I have started my daughter riding with "The Bad Finger" on her 50, and mountain bike  brake so she doesn't know any different. 
  Tuck\o/

The pivot to cable end is virtually identical between the CR and KX levers, so there is not any mechanical advantage. They feel the same also.

Your best bet on increasing the leverage ratio at the lever is to drill a hole closer to the lever pivot, or to use the MSR raptor lever.

Any of the builders interested in making a factory KX style billet extended clutch arm, Jfab or Stewart?

Offline Uzi9mm

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 04:23:40 AM »
Im tryin to sort this out and we may have been over this before but... The MSR raptor claims a 325% easier clutch pull for about $44.00 and the Magura hydraulic claims about 20% easier clutch pull for $200.00.  Am I getting this right?  Id like to hear from somone who has tried both the Magura and the MSR.  Does the MSR raptor live up to its claims?  I've already heard several positive reviews from guys using the Magura setup.    :?
Fear the government that fears your gun.

Offline bob larry

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 07:19:46 AM »
^ what he said

I am leaning towards a longer lever and the MSR raptor.
2001 KX500

Offline RoostDaddy

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2010, 08:42:57 AM »
As Power stated: Your best bet on increasing the leverage ratio at the lever is to drill a hole closer to the lever pivot, or to use the MSR raptor lever.

Personally I have my lever drilled with the extra hole just because I am not comfortable with the Raptor lever.  It is noticable thicker than a standard lever and with smaller hands I just prefer a standard lever. 
And yes, the raptor does live up to being a lot easier to pull.

As for the Magura, the only hydraulic clutch I've used was on a KTM drag bike and hated it. i just didnt think I had a good feel for the clutch action.  (It may have been better, if I got used to it)
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.