Author Topic: factory clutch cover  (Read 1845 times)

Offline bike_boy_england

factory clutch cover
« on: April 19, 2011, 08:46:29 AM »
Has anyone seen a clutch cover like this before?
I believe it came from a factory bike, but not sure. is this a sand cast cover? any help would be appreciated, alex

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
Re: factory clutch cover
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 09:20:36 AM »
that looks like a mag cover not running power valves.

Offline bike_boy_england

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 09:36:29 AM »
the cover is now off the bike and it looks like it has never run powervalves (no bearing for governor). the valves are still in the barrel, fixed fully open. this is how i bought it, previously having been used for tarmac hill climbs. thanks for your info

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 06:20:55 AM »
have seen a cover the same as that on a supposedly ex Dave Thorpe factory kx used at the barbon hill climb.cant think why the factory wouldnt use the kips though?
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline demographic

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 05:02:39 AM »
Has anyone seen a clutch cover like this before?
I believe it came from a factory bike, but not sure. is this a sand cast cover? any help would be appreciated, alex

I have seen that before, at Barbon Hillclimb and owned by a bloke called Neil Hutch (or something like it).
He's sold the bike now but when he owned it he reckoned it was an ex Dave Thorpe engine, I think he had replaced the gears as it originally had only four gears and I'm fairly sure it had been bored out to 508cc and fitted with a steel liner in the cylinder.
Here's my photos of the bike...

As you might be able to see, this one has a very posh expansion chamber as well which I think was an original with the bike and would have been a factory racing part.

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 10:03:39 PM »
its the same bike scott, although the cone shape of that pipe looks v.simillar to pc plat1 89-04....nice bike, not sure about the stickers though :-o
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....