Author Topic: Shock Rebuilding  (Read 6505 times)

VaKxRider

Shock Rebuilding
« on: January 28, 2004, 12:55:47 PM »
While dealing with my jetting issues today I noticed a nice puddle of oil under my shock........:(

So who would you guys recommend to do the rebuild? I also need to have a spring added for my weight.

I would prefer someone towards the east coast so I wouldn't have an extremely long turn around time....

Once again any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Offline YUNGGUNNAZ

Shock Rebuilding
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 01:03:01 PM »
va. where in va. do you live.i know a couple shops i use.one in richmond and the other in west point.last time it was 75.00 plus spring cost.

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Shock Rebuilding
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 01:11:12 PM »
Look around on the site, Rick has posted an awesome howto for rebuilding your own shock. Save some money and gain some knowledge, not a thing wrong with that :wink:

Offline YUNGGUNNAZ

Shock Rebuilding
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 01:18:28 PM »
always want more knowledge.comes in handy.anyone got any on wife 101.just kidding ladies out there.WHEW

VaKxRider

Shock Rebuilding
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 01:38:52 PM »
anyone got any on wife 101
Add the big X to that and I would pay any amount............ :roll:

I am up in Madison not to far from Richmond.....$75 sounds good to me....

So where is this how to post????? Or are you going to make me hunt for it.....

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders

Offline YUNGGUNNAZ

Shock Rebuilding
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 02:34:09 PM »
after viewing the how to page and still want it done try PRO CLASS CYCLES .804-232-2300.BOB AND LANCE used too race kaw's or Rob at screaming bike 804-843-4548.

Offline GreenMachine

Shock Rebuilding
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 03:06:17 PM »
I just used that post to rebuild my shock. Thanks Rick! It was a piece of cake cept for the fact that he doesn't mention how hard it is to get the shaft back up the first time you push it all the way to the bottom to get the air out. Also the guy from Palo Verde MX said to inflate the bladder to 40 - 50 psi before filling the piston side then once the air is out of that side and you are getting ready to install the seal cap to deflate it as you install the seal. Supposed to help keep the bladder the right size and make sure thge right amount of oil is in the shock. Thanks again Rick!

Jody
Even the mightiest of oaks was once just a crazy nut that stood its ground.

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Shock Rebuilding
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2004, 04:21:00 PM »
John over at Palo Verde is a good guy. Both he and Randy are some top notch suspension tuners :wink:

Offline beastrider500

Shock Rebuilding
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2004, 02:44:38 AM »
Try Bumpsticks in Huntingtown, MD. Might be a bit of a drive for you but well worth the trip. Phone number is 410-535-0625.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'   Homer Simpson

VaKxRider

Shock Rebuilding
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2004, 03:41:10 AM »
Thanks for all the input guys.........Ya wanna hear a funny story. After thoroughly checking the shock I could not find any traces of oil by the bottom seal..............So I got to poking around and quess where the oil on my floor was coming from???
If anyone guesses right you can e-mail me a smack upside the head for being a dumbass.  :oops:
Needless to say I will not need to have my shock rebuilt at the moment...

Sharc

Shock Rebuilding
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2004, 04:23:13 AM »
Airbox...??

kawdude

Shock Rebuilding
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2004, 06:00:25 AM »
Crankcase breather...??

Offline beastrider500

Shock Rebuilding
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2004, 06:36:10 AM »
Lawn Mower? Weed Eater?
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'   Homer Simpson

Offline demographic

Shock Rebuilding
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2004, 06:38:37 AM »
Quote from: VaKxRider
Thanks for all the input guys.........Ya wanna hear a funny story. After thoroughly checking the shock I could not find any traces of oil by the bottom seal..............So I got to poking around and quess where the oil on my floor was coming from???
If anyone guesses right you can e-mail me a smack upside the head for being a dumbass.  :oops:
Needless to say I will not need to have my shock rebuilt at the moment...

I was going to say "are you sure it's not from over oiling your filter" :lol: