Author Topic: Plethora of Questions  (Read 9723 times)

NastyNick

Plethora of Questions
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2004, 11:41:52 AM »
Last question for a bit.  waiting for parts.

Q: Do I need to use any kind of RTV on the gaskets when putting this back together?  This includes the ign cover, cylinder, head, etc.

I talked with my dealer today and they said basicly the same thing that Rick posted above.  It should run fine with normal wear on the cylinder and stuff.  Just Scotch Brite (which Scotch Brite pad???) it up before installing it.  He told me that LA Sleeve will re-sleeve the cylinder for about 150+labor.  He said labor is usually another 150 or so.  He also told me that he new of a company that will electo-plate and polish an old cylinder for about 150 total.  What would you do?

I really appricate the info and help that I have found here.  Thanks again!

kawdude

Plethora of Questions
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2004, 11:55:19 AM »
Send it to US Chrome for plating.

Offline YUNGGUNNAZ

Plethora of Questions
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2004, 01:27:49 PM »
or you could send it to lukes racing and he'll have it plated and shipping is free.does excellent work with good prices.lukes racing.com

Rick

Plethora of Questions
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2004, 04:34:28 AM »
A lot of the race teams use Rick Peterson Motorsports:

http://www.rpmsbigbore.com/repair.htm

I have used Rick several times (even with big bore kits) with great results.  He has also received a lot of favorable press in the dirt bike mags.  Check out his web site for more info.

Rick

kawdude

Plethora of Questions
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2004, 10:53:31 AM »
Of course, there's eric-Gore.com.  Several in this forum have used him with great success.  I plan to get his 520 kit.  I know at some point someone posted that they rec'd some lousy service but I don't know what happened to that issue.