Author Topic: 05 kx250f front end on k5  (Read 1646 times)

Offline charlie

05 kx250f front end on k5
« on: August 03, 2009, 10:17:33 AM »
Hey I am new to this forum and it is great i also just bought my first k5. Its an 89 kx500 thats in good shape for the year but suspension is done and it also came with a 17inch rear rim is that normal. I am mainly going to be riding at mx tracks. I just bought a whole front end off a 05 kx250f and was wondering what problems i am going to have putting this on. Is the offset going to be to much and will it ride weird. Also about the rear shock is there another newer year shock out there that will bolt up or is there no advantage to that and should I just have the old one rebuild and set up for me? Thanks  for everybodys help or info I get. I will post pics of bike soon.

Offline PowerFiend

Re: 05 kx250f front end on k5
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 11:05:42 AM »
You are going to run into issues with the clamps.  The KXf stem is of a larger diameter for the larger bearings used. You can't swap stems because of the larger diameter holes used by the KXf stem in the upper, and I think lower clamps.

Offline don46

Re: 05 kx250f front end on k5
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 12:29:56 PM »
the 500 stem is the same diameter as the 250f stem on the bottom, however, on the top you will have to make a bushing, the upper clamp has a larger hole the the stock 500 clamp. I might still have the one I made, if so you can have it, I'll look
Live today, for tomorrow may never come