Author Topic: trail tech temp sensor installed in head  (Read 2959 times)

Offline motovet

trail tech temp sensor installed in head
« on: January 17, 2018, 01:57:27 PM »
I recently purchased a trail tech voyager set up for my 03 k5. It comes set up with a pipe to splice into the radiator hose for the temp reading but it really won`t fit properly with the bend in the hose. I was wondering if anyone has used the threaded 10mm temp sensor that they sell  and installed it in the bleeder screw hole on top of the head? It fits in there nice but I am wondering if it is going to block any coolant and cause it to run hotter or hurt anything else.

Offline 1901306708

Re: trail tech temp sensor installed in head
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 03:20:54 PM »
You'll be fine. When I have some time I'm going to do the same thing

Offline alward25

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 09:34:02 AM »
I have installed with no issue behind the RH radiator. That way you know what the temp of the coolant going back in the engine.
"Let there be light"

Offline motovet

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 03:07:38 PM »
I had a 3 hour race this weekend on the ice and that was the first time I had a chance to really run the bike since installing the sensor. Everything worked great, I used a little Teflon tape on the threads along with the plastic washer that came with it and just lightly snugged it up. It was showing about 152 degrees so I may thy and partly cover the radiators to get temps up. What would be a good area to be at for engine temp? thinking I would like to see 200 ish.

Offline alward25

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 12:58:18 AM »
above 165 would be great
"Let there be light"